Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1158995 times)

Offline CraigW

• I live here
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #560 on: 28 August 2013, 13:19 »
Excellent news Gryzor. It is a lovely looking car that's for sure but no need for the BMW comment mate. Each to their own and I'm sure Bill will love his just as much as we love ours.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #561 on: 28 August 2013, 13:27 »
Excellent news Gryzor. It is a lovely looking car that's for sure but no need for the BMW comment mate. Each to their own and I'm sure Bill will love his just as much as we love ours.

Hey, all's fair in love and war, it's just an opinion, nothing personal, and people should know I echo the same sentiments! ;)
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #562 on: 28 August 2013, 13:38 »
So I just got back from my dealers to sort out the finance and whatnot before picking up my GTI on Sunday.  Went for regular HP instead of options - far lower charges, in 3 years it'll be done and dusted, and I know exactly where I stand month-by-month.  They gave me the 3 years servicing at the reduced £199 rate still, and threw in the "gardex" pack of car-care goodies even though I'm not actually getting it applied.

Alas, I tried to resist, but I couldn't....I had to go see my car to make sure it was actually there! lol  No pictures, as the car was grafted with bits of white protective plastic on parts.  Also, to keep some mystique I didn't open the car and sit in it, but...
  • Keyfobs are cool, but huge!
  • OMG...no pictures anywhere do it justice!  Absolutely stunning.  Makes the BMW 1 series look like an ugly duckling!
  • In the flesh, the 18" wheels are some of the nicest I've seen.
  • The light clusters, both front and back, look fantastic.
  • To say it's understated, it stood out like a sore thumb amongst all of the other cars in the compound.
Based purely on looks alone, I was blown away.  Can't wait until Sunday morning!

A few more sleepless nights ahead!

Are the keys the same for the keyless and standard?

Yes, exactly the same. Annoying. I'd prefer if they'd hid away the "blade" part of the key. I know Ford do.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #563 on: 28 August 2013, 15:31 »
A few more sleepless nights ahead!

Are the keys the same for the keyless and standard?

Yeah, too right!  I had a funny dream the other night about the number plate mounts sticking out about 6 inches with massive logos on them surrounded by flashing LEDs...oh dear!  :grin:

As JoeGTI said, they are the same, and I know what he means about the Ford keyless fob, in that the key is hidden inside the fob itself.  On the flip side (no pun intended!), the GTI key is easy to flip out if you need it, whereas on my mates Ford, it's really awkward to remove the key.

Sounds 'Awesome' Gryzor!!! Couldn't be more pleased for you. Hopefully mine will follow the week after!

Cheers mate, fingers crossed for you.  Honestly, you will not be disappointed!  Through the window the tartan sets looked awesome, and the red stitching really sets things off.  If it drives better than my Mk5, and that's a silly statement, I am going to be very, very happy with this car.

Just sorted out the 7 day complimentary insurance too (will also do the free "Esurance"), but their annual quote was double what I can get elsewhere.  My current provider wasn't the cheapest, so I'm just ending that one early and starting a new one from the 1st, saved about £50 a year compared to what I paid before, so not too shabby.

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #564 on: 28 August 2013, 15:35 »
What no pictures? :tongue:

Perhaps I should name mine "Ugly Duckling"?  I was leaning towards "Blue Bullet" though... :undecided:

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #565 on: 28 August 2013, 15:51 »

Perhaps I should name mine "Ugly Duckling"?  I was leaning towards "Blue Bullet" though... :undecided:

I'd call it Brutus the Blue. Bet you can't wait Bill.
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #566 on: 28 August 2013, 15:52 »

Ooh no, it was really dusty and had all bits of white plastic on it still...not very photogenic (like its owner!)

Haha, "Blue Bullet" is good, or you could lean to your softer side and call it "Blue Bear" ;)

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #567 on: 28 August 2013, 15:58 »

As JoeGTI said, they are the same, and I know what he means about the Ford keyless fob, in that the key is hidden inside the fob itself.  On the flip side (no pun intended!), the GTI key is easy to flip out if you need it, whereas on my mates Ford, it's really awkward to remove the key.

True... but when you have keyless, how often realistically would you want to remove the key? Probably never! My parents have a Focus with keyless and they had the car a year when I accidentally discovered where the blade is hidden in their keyfob. They didn't know it was there. It's not a big deal anyway. The only thing that would concern me is when leaving the car for a service or whatever, someone who isn't used to driving the car would be scratching around looking for where the ignition should be!
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #568 on: 28 August 2013, 16:02 »
True... but when you have keyless, how often realistically would you want to remove the key? Probably never! My parents have a Focus with keyless and they had the car a year when I accidentally discovered where the blade is hidden in their keyfob. They didn't know it was there. It's not a big deal anyway. The only thing that would concern me is when leaving the car for a service or whatever, someone who isn't used to driving the car would be scratching around looking for where the ignition should be!

Oh I agree, given the choice I'd have liked it concealed, but in the scheme of things it's no biggie.  In the case of a service, I'd be seriously tempted to just tape it up and write "KEYLESS" on the thing! :grin:

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #569 on: 28 August 2013, 16:08 »

Oh I agree, given the choice I'd have liked it concealed, but in the scheme of things it's no biggie.  In the case of a service, I'd be seriously tempted to just tape it up and write "KEYLESS" on the thing! :grin:

Yeah and you would probably get it returned with CLUELESS written on it  :grin: :grin: