Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1161702 times)

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #530 on: 24 August 2013, 01:01 »
Well!! Just in the door now. To put it simply, it's an awesome piece of kit. I'm after driving 400km today and enjoyed every 2nd of it. Hoping to bed the engine in ASAP so I can see what she really can do. Pics really don't do the car justice. Looks so much better in real life. CSG is a great colour and am slightly relieved as I ordered without ever seeing it. I have pics but gave up tryin from my phone. Ill out them up tomorrow from the computer. Got potenzas aswell, so happy they weren't dunlops!! One small thing though , I did notice some slight condensation at the bottom of the headlights just now. Is this something I should be worried about or is it just drying out some moisture in the unit?
Overall, it's everything I expected and more. Well worth the wait. Sorry took so long to post.  :whistle:
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #531 on: 24 August 2013, 01:24 »
Good to hear Carbon.  Look forward to those pics. :cool:

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #532 on: 24 August 2013, 08:44 »
Sounds good Carbon, I await the pics with baited breath too! However, condensation inside the light unit is not something I'd consider normal, but maybe give it a few days to see what happens.  Regardless, I would drop your dealer an e-mail just to let them me you noticed it and will keep an eye on it.  They might even tell you to bring it back in anyway.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #533 on: 24 August 2013, 10:33 »
I had a little condensation too in the first day or two I had the car and I've had it on previous brand new cars too. It cleared up and haven't noticed it happening since.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #534 on: 24 August 2013, 10:34 »
Sounds good Carbon, I await the pics with baited breath too! However, condensation inside the light unit is not something I'd consider normal.

Depends whether they're sealed units or vented, if they're sealed then you've got an issue.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #535 on: 24 August 2013, 10:37 »
Depends whether they're sealed units or vented, if they're sealed then you've got an issue.

Yeah exactly, although I suppose there is a possibility that some of the materials and fixings may contain a bit of moisture that will soon dissipate.  I'd probably just leave it a few days and see what happens.  If it persists, take it in.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #536 on: 24 August 2013, 14:46 »
I had a bit of condensation in one of my lights which quickly disappeared and touch wood won't reappear

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #537 on: 24 August 2013, 14:55 »
I had a bit of condensation in one of my lights which quickly disappeared and touch wood won't reappear

There will be a hell of a lot of humidity on those car transporting ships, especially with the wet weather we've had lately. The cargo decks of any large ship go through extremes of temperature, from quite toasty (when the engines are kicking out some heat) to stone cold when it is dockside - and all the condensation that occurs as a result. That car is probably nevr going to go through extremes of temp like that again (40 Celcius swing) once in the hands of the owner.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #538 on: 24 August 2013, 14:58 »

There will be a hell of a lot of humidity on those car transporting ships, especially with the wet weather we've had lately. The cargo decks of any large ship go through extremes of temperature, from quite toasty (when the engines are kicking out some heat) to stone cold when it is dockside - and all the condensation that occurs as a result. That car is probably nevr going to go through extremes of temp like that again (40 Celcius swing) once in the hands of the owner.

You don't live in Scotland pal :grin:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #539 on: 24 August 2013, 15:02 »

You don't live in Scotland pal :grin:

Minus 10 in the day to minus 30 at night isn't quite a 40 degree swing!  :tongue: