Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1149164 times)

Offline Davejavue

• Not said much yet
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #500 on: 22 August 2013, 15:30 »
Nice car Dave, looks awesome!  Can I ask what date did you order it?
No worries ordered end of March for September delivery but as I got private plate had it early - it arrived at dealers early - 1st week August so not too long really
Mk 7 GTi Pure White 5 door Performance Pack 19" Santiago Alloys

Offline Davejavue

• Not said much yet
« Reply #501 on: 22 August 2013, 15:33 »
Nice car Dave, looks awesome!  Can I ask what date did you order it?
No worries ordered end of March for September delivery but as I got private plate had it early - it arrived at dealers early - 1st week August so not too long really
Sorry my mistake as just checked - I ordered it on 24th April - not March

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #502 on: 22 August 2013, 15:35 »
Looks fantastic mate.  Right colour, right number of doors, wheels just 1" too large ;)  I will hopefully be collecting mine the first week in September, can't wait!

Did you always intend on getting a private plate, or did you decide on getting one mid-August?  Seems a bit long for a dealer just to prep the car!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Davejavue

• Not said much yet
« Reply #503 on: 22 August 2013, 15:42 »
Looks fantastic mate.  Right colour, right number of doors, wheels just 1" too large ;)  I will hopefully be collecting mine the first week in September, can't wait!

Did you always intend on getting a private plate, or did you decide on getting one mid-August?  Seems a bit long for a dealer just to prep the car!
I ve had plate years just the golf arrived bit early and I had to dispose of old car - that was collected today so tried to ensure both happened at the same time and as quickly as possible
Thanks for comments - only one problem was damaged alloy which they are changing
You will be so happy with your car it's the nuts !

Offline Davejavue

• Not said much yet
« Reply #504 on: 22 August 2013, 15:45 »

I ve had plate years just the golf arrived bit early and I had to dispose of old car - that was collected today so tried to ensure both happened at the same time and as quickly as possible
Thanks for comments - only one problem was damaged alloy which they are changing

Update - just received email and new wheel will be delivered next week so all good - dealer has been excellent throughout really

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #505 on: 22 August 2013, 15:50 »

Update - just received email and new wheel will be delivered next week so all good - dealer has been excellent throughout really

Ah, makes total sense then. Shame about your alloy though, but great that it's getting sorted out so quickly.

Yeah I'm really looking forward to it - definitely making sure I'm "working from home" that day ;)
« Last Edit: 22 August 2013, 16:17 by Gryzor »

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Davejavue

• Not said much yet
« Reply #506 on: 22 August 2013, 15:55 »

Ah, makes total sense then. Shame about your alloy though, but great that it's getting sorted out so quickly.

Yeah I'm really looking forward to it - definitely making sure I'm "working from home" that day ;)

Did you test drive before ordering ? Only asking as today is first time I've actually sat in one

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #507 on: 22 August 2013, 16:21 »
Did you test drive before ordering ? Only asking as today is first time I've actually sat in one

Nope, only ever sat inside a regular Mk7 to test that my album art displayed correctly!  I have a Mk5 GTI at the moment anyway, had it for over 8 years, and even that still brings a smile to my face.  With all of the reviews and comments on here, I felt no need at all to test drive it, and am happy for my first experience of it to be in my own :)

Offline Davejavue

• Not said much yet
« Reply #508 on: 22 August 2013, 16:27 »

Nope, only ever sat inside a regular Mk7 to test that my album art displayed correctly!  I have a Mk5 GTI at the moment anyway, had it for over 8 years, and even that still brings a smile to my face.  With all of the reviews and comments on here, I felt no need at all to test drive it, and am happy for my first experience of it to be in my own :)
Yeah same as me though never owned a VW before . Reading reviews I couldn't go wrong really and like you after ordering avoided them as wanted my first experience to be with my car so as not to spoil the surprise if that makes sense

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #509 on: 22 August 2013, 16:31 »
Yeah same as me though never owned a VW before . Reading reviews I couldn't go wrong really and like you after ordering avoided them as wanted my first experience to be with my car so as not to spoil the surprise if that makes sense

Makes total sense mate :)  I've been thoroughly impressed with my current GTI so had no reservations at all.  It's got all the toys and gadgets I want, faster, quieter, smoother, more efficient, better looking...no brainer really!