Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1164194 times)

Offline JJH

• Here all the time
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #440 on: 05 August 2013, 18:11 »
Makes me feel good about my Oryx white GTI PP order.  Even more excited to get it now, great looking car, well done.

I don't think the Oryx is that expensive, compared to any of the metallic colours it's only a few hundred quid more.

Not sure about that to be honest. Nearly a grand for paint seems quite expensive imo

And I can't see any difference in it from free pure white. Or maybe I need new glasses!

Defo new glasses, pure white is £250 (was £200) and you speeded it! I'd have gone for it but chose a roof instead
« Last Edit: 05 August 2013, 18:13 by JJH »
GTD White 5dr, ACC, Sunroof, winter pack, in transit.......

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #441 on: 05 August 2013, 19:18 »
Makes me feel good about my Oryx white GTI PP order.  Even more excited to get it now, great looking car, well done.

I don't think the Oryx is that expensive, compared to any of the metallic colours it's only a few hundred quid more.

Not sure about that to be honest. Nearly a grand for paint seems quite expensive imo

And I can't see any difference in it from free pure white. Or maybe I need new glasses!

Defo new glasses, pure white is £250 (was £200) and you speeded it! I'd have gone for it but chose a roof instead

It's free here (Ireland).
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline JJH

• Here all the time
« Reply #442 on: 05 August 2013, 19:45 »
No new glasses necessary  :shocked: perhaps i need some  :nerd: Seems UK only place they charge for white.
Maybe they looked at UK MK6 white paint warranty costs and charged to cover the probable liability.

I suppose, like all premium makers, the profits in the personalisation.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #443 on: 05 August 2013, 19:48 »
No new glasses necessary  :shocked: perhaps i need some  :nerd: Seems UK only place they charge for white.
Maybe they looked at UK MK6 white paint warranty costs and charged to cover the probable liability.

I suppose, like all premium makers, the profits in the personalisation.

I would imagine they looked at which colour sold best with the mk6, and given it was white because it looks good and it was free it would have been a simple decision to start charging for it this time around!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline JJH

• Here all the time
« Reply #444 on: 05 August 2013, 20:07 »
Perhaps a combination of the two

Offline rick2b

• Not said much yet
« Reply #445 on: 05 August 2013, 20:17 »
Colour is just another option down to personal preference.
Some people may think 900 quid for oryx is a waste of money !! Just like I think spending 800 quid on acc as a waste and how much was it for a piece of glass in the roof.

Mk7 Golf GTD Oryx White 19''rims 3dr keyless

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #446 on: 05 August 2013, 20:24 »
Colour is just another option down to personal preference.
Some people may think 900 quid for oryx is a waste of money !! Just like I think spending 800 quid on acc as a waste and how much was it for a piece of glass in the roof.

Agree, have ACC on my Scirocco and think it is a placebo button, does not seem to do anything as far as I can tell.

Offline JJH

• Here all the time
« Reply #447 on: 05 August 2013, 20:38 »
Yep, it's all a case of 'each to their own'. Would be a sad state of affairs if every GTD/I were the same.

Btw, paint comes as standard, a roof doesn't.

Offline simoor

• Not said much yet
« Reply #448 on: 15 August 2013, 13:38 »
It's arrived!! Picked the car up this morning, and now i'm just staring at it from my work window! I'll post up some pics tonight (before it goes dark).

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #449 on: 15 August 2013, 14:52 »
It's arrived!! Picked the car up this morning, and now i'm just staring at it from my work window! I'll post up some pics tonight (before it goes dark).

Great news simoor! Have fun... Look forward to the pictures... I'm surprised you even went back to work! Haha
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)