Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1162343 times)

Offline Kendo44

• Not said much yet
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #350 on: 27 July 2013, 22:39 »
Just a bit of info Guys, my dealer called me to check i was happy with my car and he told me that he ordered a GTD on Monday for a customer and has been told to expect it late February!!!!
Seems the queue is getting longer  :shocked:
Golf GTD 5 Dr Keyless entry, rear side airbags, park assist, Oryx white, Winter pack, Sunroof - and lovin' it :-)

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #351 on: 27 July 2013, 22:57 »
And will get even longer, just the way VW like it.

The time and expense they have spent to get this car near perfect though....
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline joet

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #352 on: 29 July 2013, 15:58 »
Well, I picked mine up on Friday. Ordered via drivethedeal end of April, so not too bad a wait. Spec is 3 door GTI, CSG, PP and standard nav.

Only one word to describe it. STUNNING. I had not seen a CSG in the metal and when I did it just blew me away. It's classy, understated and purposeful at the same time. I really think they have got every single detail of the exterior absolutely spot on. You just cannot help looking back at it every time you park and walk away. My dealer had done a briliant job on the PDI valeting and there was not a single swirl mark on it, even in bright sunshine.

The interior is superb. I had a BMW before this and I can honestly say it's on a par with that, if not better. Everything feels solid and as if it will last for many years. There are so many nice touches it's difficult to comment on them all. It just feels 'right'. The doors close with that high class 'thunk' that puts a smile on your face. It's just a brilliant place to sit in.

As for the drive, I don't know how they've done it, but the combination of handling and ride is uncanny. I just have the standard suspension, but where my old BMW used to crash over potholes and the like the GTI glides over them, totally unfussed. Handling is superb, no drama whatsover. Far more composed than any other car I've ever had.

The engine feels superb. It has real grunt from very low revs and keeps on pulling. I haven't pushed it too much, but it's going to be a rocket when it's loosened up. Only gripe is that inside the cabin it sounds a bit boomy, but then compared with the silky smooth 3.0 litre six in the BMW it's to be expected.

Overall the best car I've owned. Simply amazing.

I've got a picture - but not sure how to upload it. Anyone help?

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #353 on: 29 July 2013, 16:02 »
Hi Joe

Great write up and congratulations!! Can't wait to see pics. Best bet is to upload them through a website like photobucket. I'm on my way to collect mine just now  :smiley:

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #354 on: 29 July 2013, 16:04 »
Joe,

I recommend you pop over to imgur.

Upload your pic and then click the "direct link"

Now use the IMG button:

And press CTRL-V

You're all done.

Offline joet

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #355 on: 29 July 2013, 16:12 »
Thanks Bill!

Here it is. Hope you like  :smiley:

it's only a quick one from my phone, will try to get some better ones.

« Last Edit: 29 July 2013, 16:16 by joet »

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #356 on: 29 July 2013, 16:14 »
Stick the "[IMG]" tags around it. :wink:

Very very nice btw!

Offline drisser

• I live here
« Reply #357 on: 29 July 2013, 16:24 »
Well, I picked mine up on Friday. Ordered via drivethedeal end of April, so not too bad a wait. Spec is 3 door GTI, CSG, PP and standard nav.

Only one word to describe it. STUNNING. I had not seen a CSG in the metal and when I did it just blew me away. It's classy, understated and purposeful at the same time. I really think they have got every single detail of the exterior absolutely spot on. You just cannot help looking back at it every time you park and walk away. My dealer had done a briliant job on the PDI valeting and there was not a single swirl mark on it, even in bright sunshine.

The interior is superb. I had a BMW before this and I can honestly say it's on a par with that, if not better. Everything feels solid and as if it will last for many years. There are so many nice touches it's difficult to comment on them all. It just feels 'right'. The doors close with that high class 'thunk' that puts a smile on your face. It's just a brilliant place to sit in.

As for the drive, I don't know how they've done it, but the combination of handling and ride is uncanny. I just have the standard suspension, but where my old BMW used to crash over potholes and the like the GTI glides over them, totally unfussed. Handling is superb, no drama whatsover. Far more composed than any other car I've ever had.

The engine feels superb. It has real grunt from very low revs and keeps on pulling. I haven't pushed it too much, but it's going to be a rocket when it's loosened up. Only gripe is that inside the cabin it sounds a bit boomy, but then compared with the silky smooth 3.0 litre six in the BMW it's to be expected.

Overall the best car I've owned. Simply amazing.

I've got a picture - but not sure how to upload it. Anyone help?

almost same spec as mine !   :tongue:
Daily drive - LCI BMW 330 D Estoril Blue & Saddle leather. M sport + Pack / Prof Nav / Head Up / Heated Seats
On the way - CS ed 40 tornado red, manual, 3 door
Weekend fun - low mileage portofino blue 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo
2017 Build Slot reserved for BMW M2

Offline mk7gti

• I live here
« Reply #358 on: 29 July 2013, 17:15 »
Looks the nuts :smiley: I still cant help but think a set of mud flaps would finish of the rear arches nicely.

MK7 GTI - Deep Pearl Black - Standard Spec - Ordered 10/12/2015.

MK7 GTI - White - Standard Spec - Service Pack - Collected 11/09/2013.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #359 on: 29 July 2013, 17:17 »
Looks the nuts :smiley: I still cant help but think a set of mud flaps would finish of the rear arches nicely.

Didn't we all discuss this in a reasonable and not at all hysterical manner and come to the mutual conclusion that you were incorrect in thinking mudflaps were a good idea? :tongue:

At least I vaguely recall a thread that went along those lines... :wink: