Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1157101 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #330 on: 26 July 2013, 22:32 »
It's only 6 - 7 weeks with any luck Craig (gets built 2 weeks on Monday); in the meantime I can listen to stories of how good yours is!!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #331 on: 26 July 2013, 22:38 »
It's only 6 - 7 weeks with any luck Craig (gets built 2 weeks on Monday); in the meantime I can listen to stories of how good yours is!!

Excellent Mark. Once it gets to the in transit stage, you feel that your on the homeward stretch

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #332 on: 26 July 2013, 23:23 »
Mentioned this way back:
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=254838.msg2362525#msg2362525

Why do they need the insurance to get it taxed.  Last car I bought when the car was en route the dealer called me with the good news.  Guy says "Will you arrange your own insurance or do you want our free cover?"  I say I'll take the free cover.  Guy says "No problem here is the number."  So I called and 2mins later its done.

When I went to get the car he got a cover sheet faxed through to confirm I had the insurance if I got pulled over.  That was it.  So unless there was gonna be a different story about me giving them insurance documents if I'd opted to arrange my own then I don't see why they need anything.  Surely they can check insurance via a database like the ANPR system accesses?  Documents are easy to fake anyway, you just get them then cancel the policy, so they really should be using the database anyway right?
« Last Edit: 26 July 2013, 23:25 by Bill_the_Bear »

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #333 on: 26 July 2013, 23:38 »
Mentioned this way back:
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=254838.msg2362525#msg2362525

Why do they need the insurance to get it taxed.  Last car I bought when the car was en route the dealer called me with the good news.  Guy says "Will you arrange your own insurance or do you want our free cover?"  I say I'll take the free cover.  Guy says "No problem here is the number."  So I called and 2mins later its done.

You have always needed insurance to get it taxed. You can get the tax online nowadays as they simply check against the insurance database. But given this is a brand new car that has never been taxed / insured there will be no online database for them to check, hence they have to send a driver to pick up the tax disc with a physical copy of the insurance.
Or maybe I've misread you Bill?
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #334 on: 26 July 2013, 23:44 »
Well I dunno really, I'm just saying no one seemed to need any documents with me last time (Ford).  Could be because I took their insurance, but IIRC the dealer still didn't have anything and had to get the cover note faxed over as I was picking the car up.  Perhaps they used a different document that they then keep?

Its a bit silly anyway since there is nothing to stop anyone taxing a car then immediately cancelling the insurance.  The government has no way to stop you taking the 7 day cover and then letting it lapse.  Why would they even care anyway?  They take your money for the VED, then let you get fined for braking the law later.  Win win for them.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #335 on: 27 July 2013, 00:02 »
Sorry Bill don't really follow your logic  regarding cover note etc. VAG Insurance will give you 7 days cover once they go through a few questions. They then email the documents to the dealer so they can get the car road tax. Its the same procedure if you have your own insurance. Only you the punter have to do the donkey work and get the insurance down to the dealer in order for them to get the car taxed. Legally I believe they can't let the car leave the showroom without insurance and tax.

Yeah you are quite right regarding once the 7 days are up and letting the insurance lapse but you could say that about anything. Insurance can be for any length of time, it just so happens the vast majority of folk buy a years cover at a time but the onus has and always will be on the owner to make sure it is on the road legally.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #336 on: 27 July 2013, 00:07 »
Sorry Bill don't really follow your logic  regarding cover note etc. VAG Insurance will give you 7 days cover once they go through a few questions. They then email the documents to the dealer so they can get the car road tax. Its the same procedure if you have your own insurance. Only you the punter have to do the donkey work and get the insurance down to the dealer in order for them to get the car taxed.

Im probably wrong mate!  I actually don't have any logic.  All I'm saying is when I bought my last car they didn't say if I went for my own cover they would need the documents to tax the car.  And when I decided to go with their own cover they didn't appear to have the documents as they had to get them faxed when I arrived after the tax was already sorted.  Who knows what happened...

Offline Kendo44

• Not said much yet
« Reply #337 on: 27 July 2013, 01:07 »
My new baby

Lovely car Craig, enjoy it mate :-)
Golf GTD 5 Dr Keyless entry, rear side airbags, park assist, Oryx white, Winter pack, Sunroof - and lovin' it :-)

Offline Kendo44

• Not said much yet
« Reply #338 on: 27 July 2013, 01:08 »
Oops, sorry - here she is!

[/img]

Looks good Dervy, I like the leather seats very nice :-)
Golf GTD 5 Dr Keyless entry, rear side airbags, park assist, Oryx white, Winter pack, Sunroof - and lovin' it :-)

Offline Gordor

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #339 on: 27 July 2013, 06:05 »
Craig and Dervy...like WOW, both stunning, really pleased for you  :laugh: :laugh:
GTD Pure White : 19" Santiago's : Winter Pack : Dynaudio : Park Assist : High Beam Assist