Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1162838 times)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #320 on: 26 July 2013, 21:43 »
I was just about to post what Monkeyhanger posted. 7 days drive away insurance. It means they can get the vehicle taxed without the need for your documents, otherwise you will need to take your insurance details to the dealer and they will have to send their driver to the tax office etc. I'm sure its standard practice on VW / Audi
The free insurance does have a hefty excess I believe but allows you to drive out hassle free.

Edit: Lovely looking car Craig
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #321 on: 26 July 2013, 22:01 »
I was just about to post what Monkeyhanger posted. 7 days drive away insurance. It means they can get the vehicle taxed without the need for your documents, otherwise you will need to take your insurance details to the dealer and they will have to send their driver to the tax office etc. I'm sure its standard practice on VW / Audi
The free insurance does have a hefty excess I believe but allows you to drive out hassle free.

Edit: Lovely looking car Craig

Thanks P3asa. Not the best pictures in the world but I'm going to try and get some more tomorrow. I'm going to speak to them about this free insurance but have they perhaps not offered me it because I have a private reg?

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #322 on: 26 July 2013, 22:07 »
No nothing to do with that.
They simply give you a dealer number and tell you to phone VAG insurance (they supply the phone number).
You phone them and go through an insurance form (as if you were applying for an insurance quote).
5 minute job.
VAG Insurance then email the dealer the details to enable them to tax the car.

My last 2 cars have had the free insurance (VW and Audi) and that's me using my private plate for both.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #323 on: 26 July 2013, 22:09 »
No nothing to do with that.
They simply give you a dealer number and tell you to phone VAG insurance (they supply the phone number).
You phone them and go through an insurance form (as if you were applying for an insurance quote).
5 minute job.
VAG Insurance then email the dealer the details to enable them to tax the car.

My last 2 cars have had the free insurance (VW and Audi) and that's me using my private plate for both.

That's great mate. Should they be able to get it insured and taxed for me on a Saturday?

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #324 on: 26 July 2013, 22:11 »
Craig they should be able to do it within 10 mins - if your car is ready go get it!!

Someone's not sleeping tonight because of the excitement!  :grin:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #325 on: 26 July 2013, 22:14 »
Craig they should be able to do it within 10 mins - if your car is ready go get it!!

Too right Mark. I predict serious insomnia tonight  :grin: :grin:

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #326 on: 26 July 2013, 22:14 »
I'm not sure if its just a case of the local post office for tax or the actual DVLA office up the town due to it being a new car.
If it is then they are only open Mon to Frid I'm afraid.
https://www.gov.uk/contact-the-dvla

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #327 on: 26 July 2013, 22:15 »

I'm actually quite excited for you! Although I will be sleeping like a baby tonight!!  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #328 on: 26 July 2013, 22:22 »
I'm not sure if its just a case of the local post office for tax or the actual DVLA office up the town due to it being a new car.
If it is then they are only open Mon to Frid I'm afraid.
https://www.gov.uk/contact-the-dvla

Oh well, if that is the case then ill just need to wait til Monday. To be honest the car arrived sooner than I had thought so to wait another couple of days is no hardship  :smiley:

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #329 on: 26 July 2013, 22:25 »

I'm actually quite excited for you! Although I will be sleeping like a baby tonight!!  :laugh:

Thanks Mark. I really hope you guys get your cars sooner than forecast  :smiley: