Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1155254 times)

Offline CraigW

• I live here
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #310 on: 26 July 2013, 17:06 »
Are they building cars by colour? I have seen loads of black an white cars but nothing else. I am waiting for mine in red and would love to see some pictures.

Do you know - I wondered that too - saw a youtube vid of loads of GTD's in TR outside the factory, and a couple of demonstrators in red, but that's it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVnODGPLhYo

Fingers crossed the 5 door GTD in Tornado Red is the next batch :)

My dealership has a red GTI and GTD in so don't think it's going by colour.

Offline RikWebb

• Here all the time
  • Like tears in rain....
« Reply #311 on: 26 July 2013, 17:09 »
Are they building cars by colour? I have seen loads of black an white cars but nothing else. I am waiting for mine in red and would love to see some pictures.

Do you know - I wondered that too - saw a youtube vid of loads of GTD's in TR outside the factory, and a couple of demonstrators in red, but that's it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVnODGPLhYo

Fingers crossed the 5 door GTD in Tornado Red is the next batch :)

They would be demonstrators though ???
MK7.5 GTD DSG Isaac Blue 5Dr - 19" Santiago's / Nav Pro / Pano Roof / Keyless / Rear Camera / Mobile Wireless charger
Ordered 22/09/2017 - BW confirmed as 23/10/2017

Previous
MK7 GTD Ordered - May 16th 2013 - Tornado Red, Discover Pro Nav - Promised 16 week delivery - HA!
191 Days = 27 Weeks from order to delivery

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #312 on: 26 July 2013, 17:09 »

If it were it would be a really silly way of determining the order to build them.  Not that the dealer allocation method they appear to be using would be any better.  Actually build by colour is in some ways more logical!

Offline RikWebb

• Here all the time
  • Like tears in rain....
« Reply #313 on: 26 July 2013, 17:27 »

If it were it would be a really silly way of determining the order to build them.  Not that the dealer allocation method they appear to be using would be any better.  Actually build by colour is in some ways more logical!

Logic - I think we have determined that there is none when it comes to VW UK  :laugh:
MK7.5 GTD DSG Isaac Blue 5Dr - 19" Santiago's / Nav Pro / Pano Roof / Keyless / Rear Camera / Mobile Wireless charger
Ordered 22/09/2017 - BW confirmed as 23/10/2017

Previous
MK7 GTD Ordered - May 16th 2013 - Tornado Red, Discover Pro Nav - Promised 16 week delivery - HA!
191 Days = 27 Weeks from order to delivery

physio

« Reply #314 on: 26 July 2013, 17:43 »

I could just see the germans build them like that
1 red one
1 white one 
1 blue one 
lets make them wait for  their cars  :grin:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #315 on: 26 July 2013, 18:37 »
Awesome car Craig, congrats! Looks the nuts!

Your dealer will be able to give you a 5 day policy, no charge. No need to wait for Monday, you can have both policies. That has to be collected tomorrow surely?!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #316 on: 26 July 2013, 18:56 »

Your dealer will be able to give you a 5 day policy, no charge. No need to wait for Monday, you can have both policies. That has to be collected tomorrow surely?!

Thanks Mark. He didn't even mention that as a possibility. Ill pop in tomorrow and speak to him. It would be awesome if I could get even in Sunday so I can get stuck in with the detailing and then take it for a blast  :evil:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #317 on: 26 July 2013, 19:09 »

Thanks Mark. He didn't even mention that as a possibility. Ill pop in tomorrow and speak to him. It would be awesome if I could get even in Sunday so I can get stuck in with the detailing and then take it for a blast  :evil:

They arrange their own insurance - as long as your own policy is changed into the GTI within the 5 days there's no issue! Balls to waiting to Monday, like you say you have detailing to do and it's the weekend so perfect!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #318 on: 26 July 2013, 19:11 »

would be going for a blast before i done any detailing  :whistle:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #319 on: 26 July 2013, 21:21 »

You get 7 days complimentary insurance from VW insurance. It allows the dealership to tax the car without waiting for the buyers insurance details and it also gives VW insurance a chance to put their foot in the door (so to speak) by ringing you up for a full year policy quote (which is always at least twice as much as my policy obtained elsewhere). There is always a reason to give you something for nowt!
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.