Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1149189 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #210 on: 16 July 2013, 13:02 »
As far as I'm aware only the PP adds the logo onto the calipers.

That's how I understand it too, but if people wanted to kick up a fuss about their stock cars not having the GTI or GTD logo on the calipers, they would have something in writing to at least have a go with!

Yes, very good point - as that's not what the website/brochure states!  I'm guessing there is a clause somewhere that states something along the lines of 'subject to change' or 'may differ from the brochure' etc etc so they can wriggle out of it.

On the plus side, another its another upside to the PP - it really is a no brainer!!  :lipsrsealed:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #211 on: 16 July 2013, 13:45 »
Oh I'm sure they have some very good "get out of jail" cards ready to pull out of the pile!  Haha, the logo alone makes that investment sooo worthwhile eh?! ;)
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #212 on: 16 July 2013, 14:03 »
Oh I'm sure they have some very good "get out of jail" cards ready to pull out of the pile!  Haha, the logo alone makes that investment sooo worthwhile eh?! ;)

Oh yes!  Along with the bigger brakes, extra power, pub bragging factor etc etc  :cool:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #213 on: 16 July 2013, 14:07 »
Oh yes!  Along with the bigger brakes, extra power, pub bragging factor etc etc  :cool:

Haha!  Standard brakes are more than adequate, extra power is negligible, there to justify the price and offset the extra weight of the front diff, from which you may see some benefit in some circumstances! ;)

Personally, I vote pub bragging factor as the biggest justification for the extra spend!

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #214 on: 16 July 2013, 14:23 »
the front diff, from which you may see some benefit in some circumstances! ;)

Like every single time you accelerate hard on an uneven surface or corner in a manner to which a GTI deserves to be cornered.  :laugh:
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #215 on: 16 July 2013, 15:08 »
If the standard car had the GTI logos then short of pulling the engine out to get a look at the diff, or getting a wheel off and measuring the diameter of the disc brakes, how would you know if the car had the PP on it or not?

I do wonder how much problems there might be buying second hand as it is...  Although the same issue would occur with the DCC.  I've never bought a used car that claimed to be fitted with options that would not be visible, what normally happens in these circumstances?  Can you check the car's spec on a database somehow?

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #216 on: 16 July 2013, 15:34 »
If the standard car had the GTI logos then short of pulling the engine out to get a look at the diff, or getting a wheel off and measuring the diameter of the disc brakes, how would you know if the car had the PP on it or not?

I do wonder how much problems there might be buying second hand as it is...  Although the same issue would occur with the DCC.  I've never bought a used car that claimed to be fitted with options that would not be visible, what normally happens in these circumstances?  Can you check the car's spec on a database somehow?

It's called GTI Performance on the log book maybe? Like when you insure it there is a seperate choice for the GTI Performance.
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #217 on: 16 July 2013, 15:44 »
Like every single time you accelerate hard on an uneven surface or corner in a manner to which a GTI deserves to be cornered.  :laugh:

Which is precisely why I haven't gone for it, trusting that the XDS+ is more than adequate for my light-footed needs, which by all accounts, it is!

Offline Kendo44

• Not said much yet
« Reply #218 on: 16 July 2013, 19:21 »
http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a510/kendogreen/GTD/D5517E53-8F0C-4589-8EFB-1FBB150187B3-3711-00000317C700FB8C_zps26262dc8.jpg

Great car kendo, but aren't the callipers supposed to be grey with GTD logos.

I definitely saw an image somewhere that showed the calipers light grey with white GTD written on them and I am aware they did say that in the brochure, so I think you are right, however I just put it down to there probably being small print advising that specification could be subject to change, seems odd however that they would make a feature of it and then not follow through !!!
Golf GTD 5 Dr Keyless entry, rear side airbags, park assist, Oryx white, Winter pack, Sunroof - and lovin' it :-)

Offline drisser

• I live here
« Reply #219 on: 16 July 2013, 19:33 »
Looks great mate bet you are well chuffed.

Don't forget you promised us sunroof guys some pano roof pics  :laugh:
Daily drive - LCI BMW 330 D Estoril Blue & Saddle leather. M sport + Pack / Prof Nav / Head Up / Heated Seats
On the way - CS ed 40 tornado red, manual, 3 door
Weekend fun - low mileage portofino blue 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo
2017 Build Slot reserved for BMW M2