Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1162891 times)

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #150 on: 10 July 2013, 07:40 »
Looking good mate, congrats!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Thornster

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #151 on: 10 July 2013, 09:30 »
Very nice - really want mine now!
Oct 2013: GTI, DSG, 3 Door, Carbon Grey, DynAudio, Winter Pack, Discovery Navigation and Keyless Start
Jan 2018: Arteon R-Line, Atlantic Blue
Jan 2021: tbc!

Offline drisser

• I live here
« Reply #152 on: 10 July 2013, 09:32 »
Car looks great !

By the way did it arrive with bridgestones ?  When I ordered mine last week i told the dealer dont bring it with dunlops, I want Bridgstones ideally too.

He said he cant really influence it, their demo car had dunlops so it seems some come with Bridgestones from the factory ? Did you specify them ?

cheers
Andy
Daily drive - LCI BMW 330 D Estoril Blue & Saddle leather. M sport + Pack / Prof Nav / Head Up / Heated Seats
On the way - CS ed 40 tornado red, manual, 3 door
Weekend fun - low mileage portofino blue 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo
2017 Build Slot reserved for BMW M2

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #153 on: 10 July 2013, 09:35 »
Car looks great !

By the way did it arrive with bridgestones ?  When I ordered mine last week i told the dealer dont bring it with dunlops, I want Bridgstones ideally too.

He said he cant really influence it, their demo car had dunlops so it seems some come with Bridgestones from the factory ? Did you specify them ?

cheers
Andy

LOL how do you expect the dealer to influence what tyres come on the car? The factory throw on whatever is easiest to hand on the day your car rolls by the tyre fitter on the assembly line. I have bridgestones on mine, a car on the same transporter as mine had Dunlops... a demo I saw had Michellins. It's completely random.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #154 on: 10 July 2013, 09:43 »
Black looks ver nice mate!

Offline drisser

• I live here
« Reply #155 on: 10 July 2013, 12:19 »
Joe

some manufacturers can.. When I had a new Fiat Coupe Turbo back in 1998 you could choose between Pirelli P Zero and Michelin I think !

I guess VW are churning out too many to consider that !

Andy
Daily drive - LCI BMW 330 D Estoril Blue & Saddle leather. M sport + Pack / Prof Nav / Head Up / Heated Seats

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #156 on: 10 July 2013, 12:24 »

I guess VW are churning out too many to consider that !

I'd say so! I've never known it to be an option with VW anyway!
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #157 on: 10 July 2013, 12:26 »
I wonder why they have so many different tyres anyway?  Do they really buy in 3,4 or 5 different makes of tyre for each wheel size they have?  Why not just stick with one make?  And if they're using so many one tyre manufacturer can't keep up with production then where is everyone else getting tyres from that manufacturer?

Also, why jumble them all up?  You'd think a given production run would see all vehicles come out with the same tyres!

EDIT:
It occurs to me that the tyre manufacturers might be pushing to get a certain % of the production cars fitted with their tyres (and cutting the cost the larger % they can get) so that they will sell more replacements as many people will just ask for the same tyre they had before when they need to change.  I guess that explains it...

EDIT2:
If the above is true it can't be hard for them to make the tyre type an option on request.  Obviously they couldn't make it an option other than by special request or that would mess with the numbers they agreed with the manufacturers.  I guess they can't be bothered though!
« Last Edit: 10 July 2013, 12:30 by Bill_the_Bear »

Offline drisser

• I live here
« Reply #158 on: 10 July 2013, 12:45 »
maybe they are worried its like F1 and Pirelli..relying on one make can be embarrasing if they all explode !  :grin:

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #159 on: 10 July 2013, 15:00 »

Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.