Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1162757 times)

Offline GTD Paul

• Not said much yet
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #120 on: 02 July 2013, 18:17 »
Tracker updated overnight from in transit to at dealers, about 2 days later than the car actually landed.  Just waiting for collection date......
On order GTD, DSG, Black, 19" Santiago, Keyless Entry

Offline iainmac

• Not said much yet
« Reply #121 on: 02 July 2013, 18:22 »
Tracker updated overnight from in transit to at dealers, about 2 days later than the car actually landed.  Just waiting for collection date......

How long was it at 'In Transit' for?  Mine started showing this today.
2008 GT tdi Sport, Reflex Silver, 18" Vancouvers. 
On Order: Mk 7 GTD 5 door manual, Carbon Grey, 19" Santiagos.

Offline jrc193

• Not said much yet
« Reply #122 on: 02 July 2013, 18:23 »
Hi Monkeyhanger, The GTD looks stunning and the impact of the  G-techniq C2V3 very impressive. As I have tended to use conventional polishes I'd appreciate some advice on the use of the  G-techniq C2V3 .On a new car is it necessary to clay it first, followed by the application of , for example, Bilt Hamber polish and finish with  G-techniq C2V3. I also understand from what I have read that the g -techniq can be used on windscreens etc and wonder if you have experience of this. Thanks

Offline Blades72

• Not said much yet
« Reply #123 on: 02 July 2013, 18:55 »
Hi Monkeyhanger, The GTD looks stunning and the impact of the  G-techniq C2V3 very impressive. As I have tended to use conventional polishes I'd appreciate some advice on the use of the  G-techniq C2V3 .On a new car is it necessary to clay it first, followed by the application of , for example, Bilt Hamber polish and finish with  G-techniq C2V3. I also understand from what I have read that the g -techniq can be used on windscreens etc and wonder if you have experience of this. Thanks

Sorry to hijack your questions, I've just ordered some C2V3 and my questions are as above plus did you use it on your alloys? As Ive heard you can (great pics by the way).
Gone :Mk7 GTI with Performance Pack, Pure White, Dynaudio & Extended Warranty.
Arrived: Mk7.5 PP DSG Tungsten Silver

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #124 on: 02 July 2013, 18:57 »

We didn't clay the car, but we did use the G-techniq G-wash to clean it again thoroughly then dry it. The C2V3 got liberally sprayed on (a little too liberal for my liking!) and then rubbed into the the bodywork and all over all the plastic and rubber surfaces (it protects those too without giving residues). We then rubbed the excess off with fresh microfibre cloths, The stuff spreads really far, possibly as a result of using too much and left quite a tough residue to rub off (we did the whole car rather than putting on a few panels at a time and rubbing off - which we should have done). I decided to rinse the residue off with water (which got rid of most of the excess residue leaving the rest to buff off (when dry). The C2V3 bonds firmly to the bodywork apparently, so no danger of washing off the actual functional coat.

So we did a lot wrong (please benefit from my learning curve, well my dads told him we were spraying too much) in adding too much and letting it dry too long (do 2 or 3 panels and rub it off - then you can probably rub your product saturated microfibre cloth all over the last few pabels without adding more product and minimising waste). You may need a lot of microfibre towels when taking the excess off to a glossy shine - the stuff seems to spread a lot. Treated all the windows that aren't swept by a wiper (I think a treated windscreen would be more bother than it is worth).

There are some perfectionists that would have added a few inbetween steps or insisted on the clay bar first. I'd consider washing the car with ironX first if you're getting a white one, lots of embedded trace iron in the paint on the white Sciroccos (maybe on the others, but remains unseen).

The car feels like it is made of teflon when finished. I do wonder whether to dampen a microfibre towel with  the stuff and rub it on. It was quite windy and it looked like maybe 25% of what was sprayed was being carried away in the wind instead of getting on the car, and I probably wrang about 100ml excess from the "wipe on" microfibre cloth.

Beading was excellent once finished and my dad says although it was raining all the way down to southampton today. The car was a breeze to clean (following a 350 mile trip!) with a quick hozing down and a light wipe with a microfibre cloth.

I get my microfibre cloths from Costco - about a tenner for 36!
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #125 on: 02 July 2013, 18:59 »

Sorry to hijack your questions, I've just ordered some C2V3 and my questions are as above plus did you use it on your alloys? As Ive heard you can (great pics by the way).

Yes, used it on the alloys no bother. If it'd been my car, I might've given the wheels another coat a week or so later. First time I have ever moved away from traditional hard wax and was surprised how easy it was despite the rookie mistakes.

Offline GTD Paul

• Not said much yet
« Reply #126 on: 02 July 2013, 19:05 »
In transit for just over 2 weeks
On order GTD, DSG, Black, 19" Santiago, Keyless Entry

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #127 on: 02 July 2013, 19:43 »
monkeyhanger, out of interest how long did the coating take you? And how long do you reckon it would take if you hadn't put too much on?

I've managed to get GuardX thrown in, is there any point in doing this to mine when I get it?

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #128 on: 03 July 2013, 22:59 »
monkeyhanger, out of interest how long did the coating take you? And how long do you reckon it would take if you hadn't put too much on?

I've managed to get GuardX thrown in, is there any point in doing this to mine when I get it?

Probably would've taken me 2 hours on my own to wash the car, dry it and apply the C2V3 then buff off. I will wipe it on next time so I can spread the excess as I go, or maybe spray on 1 half and use the excess on the cloth for further panels.

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #129 on: 03 July 2013, 23:17 »

Probably would've taken me 2 hours on my own to wash the car, dry it and apply the C2V3 then buff off. I will wipe it on next time so I can spread the excess as I go, or maybe spray on 1 half and use the excess on the cloth for further panels.

Would you mind posting a link to the "exact" product you bought :smiley:

I'm defo gonna buy some for my Pure White steed.
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR