Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1149523 times)

mjh_056

Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #110 on: 02 July 2013, 10:41 »
I then saw the test on youtube where the camera is showing the suspension travel over the same road in the different modes which made me a little more satisfied it is actually doing something.

Which vid is that? :cool:

The Chris Harris one shows the changes quite clearly.

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=27979

Between 4 minutes and 5.30 mins as he is changing the settings.
« Last Edit: 02 July 2013, 10:56 by mjh_056 »

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #111 on: 02 July 2013, 10:45 »
Yeah I remember watching that video and you can clearly see the difference in suspension travel.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Dully

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #112 on: 02 July 2013, 11:22 »
thats the one, well found, it still has me confused with DCC & ACC  :sad: I am going to restart that thread being as we are now getting our hands on some cars for first hand information  :smiley:
Driving - MK7 GTD, 5 Door, CSG, DSG, Santiago's

mjh_056

« Reply #113 on: 02 July 2013, 11:31 »
thats the one, well found, it still has me confused with DCC & ACC  :sad: I am going to restart that thread being as we are now getting our hands on some cars for first hand information  :smiley:

DCC and ACC are one of the same thing - Dynamic or Active Chassis Control

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7XNYFnI-eI

The DCC in MK7 is a version 2 and adapts to conditions actively  - Video explains, and Chris Harris seemed impressed. I have an S Line suspension and roads here are quite poor combining to make quite uncomfortable moments! so comfort of ride was #1 on my list to fix!! with generally good GTI/GTD suspension enhanced further by the DCC it seems my experience is going to change quite dramatically :) 

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #114 on: 02 July 2013, 11:33 »

DCC and ACC are the same thing - DCC is what it's called on the continent and also in the MFD of my Scirocco. Dynamic Chassis Control / Adaptive Chassis Control (not to be confused with ADC (Automatic Distance Control).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #115 on: 02 July 2013, 11:55 »

DCC and ACC are the same thing - DCC is what it's called on the continent and also in the MFD of my Scirocco. Dynamic Chassis Control / Adaptive Chassis Control (not to be confused with ADC (Automatic Distance Control).

Or indeed with the other ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control). :grin: :grin: :grin:

mjh_056

« Reply #116 on: 02 July 2013, 12:02 »

Or indeed with the other ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control). :grin: :grin: :grin:

Most here now have the acronyms sussed but you can see what a nightmare it would be for the rookies wanting to make an informed decision but baffled by them!

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #117 on: 02 July 2013, 12:25 »
Why do VW have 2 or 3 different acronyms for the same system depending on where you are, especially 2 different systems that can have the same (ACC) acronym???  :huh:

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #118 on: 02 July 2013, 12:38 »
Why do VW have 2 or 3 different acronyms for the same system depending on where you are, especially 2 different systems that can have the same (ACC) acronym???  :huh:

I reckon they changed the name at some point and this caused confusion with the regional VW people, like VWUK, so that not all references were changed or something or some people didn't get the message.

My theory is they called it ACC, then later realised they already called the cruise control ACC so switched it to DCC.  Separately the radar for the cruise was called ADC, which probably wouldn't have been much of an issue without the DCC/ACC confusion because now we can mistakenly think the cruise is called ADC and assume all ACC references are to what is actually called DCC.

Could be this is largely due to translations from German to English.  Perhaps these acronyms aren't so confusing in German!  They may not have 'planned' ahead in English although they probably should have.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #119 on: 02 July 2013, 13:37 »
One thing I really didn't like about the interior:-

There is a prominent brightly coloured warning transfer stuck to the passenger side sun visor. It's bright yellow and it's in your face. It is bonded to the visor and won't peel off. It is there to warn you to not to stick a baby in the front seat unless you've deactivated the passenger airbag. I would like the option to remove it - legal arse covering obligation to have it there no doubt.