Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1157636 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #100 on: 02 July 2013, 09:07 »
Awesome pics MH, that last one is the nuts - great wheels too!!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #101 on: 02 July 2013, 09:11 »
Hey monkeyhanger, great pics. Couple of questions. How's has your dad found the dog gear box on the car and also have you seen it at night yet with the illuminated door sill strips and ambient lighting? Does it look good? Also you mention there are a few ADC settings even though its not been optioned. Are you able to explain what these are? Does it have econo mode for example dipping the clutch in a dog when coasting??

Cheers
Neil

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #102 on: 02 July 2013, 09:19 »
Maybe with those black accents on the wheels, the calipers need painting gloss black. Perhaps the calipers were painted with an aluminium leaf paint - so hard to tell that from a natural bright cast alloy (unpainted).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #103 on: 02 July 2013, 09:27 »
Hey monkeyhanger, great pics. Couple of questions. How's has your dad found the dog gear box on the car and also have you seen it at night yet with the illuminated door sill strips and ambient lighting? Does it look good? Also you mention there are a few ADC settings even though its not been optioned. Are you able to explain what these are? Does it have econo mode for example dipping the clutch in a dog when coasting??

Cheers
Neil

The "Dog" box? Not sure whether thats a typo or whether you don't like DSG (I dont!). When I wrapped up for the evening it was just dark enough to see the glow off the lit sill protectors - was looking good, but never got an ambient lighting pic. Didn't delve into the ACC settings but they were fully selectable. You can set up all sorts. You can set up Sports/Normal/Eco and Individual. Within |Individual there were loads of things you could individually select like running the car economically whilst setting the steering weighting to the sport setting etc. It was a mix and match of all the component parts including DSG freewheeling/coasting, economy prompts for changes when in manual mode, various modes for the aircon so you set it on high/medium/low and include recirculation as standard to minimise the effort taken to cool the cabin etc. There was far more in there than I can remember. I needed an extra day with it! :embarrassed:

Offline Dully

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #104 on: 02 July 2013, 09:35 »
The ACC also interests me as I have driven 3 hire car Mk7 GT's recently and all of them allowed me to select different modes which would leave you to assume that ACC was active. Strange thing was I could not really tell any difference at all when I played with it which started to make me wish I had not even specified it on my car. I then saw the test on youtube where the camera is showing the suspension travel over the same road in the different modes which made me a little more satisfied it is actually doing something. Still is a bit strange if you did not ask for ACC and it still shows on the dash to play with ????? :shocked:
Driving - MK7 GTD, 5 Door, CSG, DSG, Santiago's

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #105 on: 02 July 2013, 09:47 »
The ACC also interests me as I have driven 3 hire car Mk7 GT's recently and all of them allowed me to select different modes which would leave you to assume that ACC was active. Strange thing was I could not really tell any difference at all when I played with it which started to make me wish I had not even specified it on my car. I then saw the test on youtube where the camera is showing the suspension travel over the same road in the different modes which made me a little more satisfied it is actually doing something. Still is a bit strange if you did not ask for ACC and it still shows on the dash to play with ????? :shocked:

If you couldn't tell the difference then maybe it wasn't on there even though the menus allowed you to "make changes". I can tell the difference on my Scirocco and the MK7 Golf version is supposed to be more sophisticated. Mine is in Sport for all but the poorest of roads, then it goes into comfort to soften the blows to the wheels. Never use "Normal" which is the one that "adapts" to the road surface by being constantly variable - it is so close to Sport in firmness that you might as well be in Sport.

If I was getting 19" wheels I would spec ACC, but otherwise not.

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #106 on: 02 July 2013, 10:07 »

Cheers
Neil

The "Dog" box? Not sure whether thats a typo or whether you don't like DSG (I dont!). When I wrapped up for the evening it was just dark enough to see the glow off the lit sill protectors - was looking good, but never got an ambient lighting pic. Didn't delve into the ACC settings but they were fully selectable. You can set up all sorts. You can set up Sports/Normal/Eco and Individual. Within |Individual there were loads of things you could individually select like running the car economically whilst setting the steering weighting to the sport setting etc. It was a mix and match of all the component parts including DSG freewheeling/coasting, economy prompts for changes when in manual mode, various modes for the aircon so you set it on high/medium/low and include recirculation as standard to minimise the effort taken to cool the cabin etc. There was far more in there than I can remember. I needed an extra day with it! :embarrassed:

Cheers MH. Yeah was meaning DSG, the iPad was in auto correct heaven again! Sounds great .. Only a few more months to wait! Wish they would hurry up and get some GTD demos!!

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #107 on: 02 July 2013, 10:11 »

Found it odd that they hadn't cancelled out all the ACC setting tweaks in the menu when the car hasn't got ACC fitted (was expecting them to be missing altogether or greyed out to exclude selection).

They've probably fitted ACC by mistake  :grin:

Really doesn't make sense to me to have menu options if the option isn't selected.  When you put ACC into sport mode (for example) what is the unit doing when it issues the command?  It must have a return confirmation, which would be missing if the option doesn't exist and that should produce an error?

This is weird...

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #108 on: 02 July 2013, 10:12 »
I then saw the test on youtube where the camera is showing the suspension travel over the same road in the different modes which made me a little more satisfied it is actually doing something.

Which vid is that? :cool:

Offline Dully

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #109 on: 02 July 2013, 10:28 »
There was a link to a youtube video from this site, i seem to have looked at so many :grin: I think it was the one with an asian looking dude with a beard, it was a good review, he had a camera watching suspension travel in the various modes on the same bit of road, I will try and back track and find it  :wink:
Driving - MK7 GTD, 5 Door, CSG, DSG, Santiago's