Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1164096 times)

Offline AAddict

• I live here
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #90 on: 02 July 2013, 07:50 »

Found it odd that they hadn't cancelled out all the ACC setting tweaks in the menu when the car hasn't got ACC fitted (was expecting them to be missing altogether or greyed out to exclude selection).

They've probably fitted ACC by mistake  :grin:
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #91 on: 02 July 2013, 07:57 »
Never really had a doubt about the sound actuator being standard spec on the UK model seeing as you can't order it and it has been standard spec on MK6 GTD and 170TDI Scirocco, but was still a relief to confirm its inclusion.

My dad does like the Black a lot, but would've still preferred the Tornado Red purely through perceived ease of cleaning on an ongoing basis - he just wasn't prepared to wait another 10 weeks for one when this one was coming.

Pity they couldn't have made a golfball version of the DSG shifter (we've seen one of those before haven't we? Maybe the 35th anniversary edition?). I'll find out later today what the mpg is straight out of the box. It might appear low because he'll probably be doing 85-90 on the motorway. I'll make sure to ask him what speed he was maintaining as well as his mpg. If he is doing 85-90 and still getting 55mpg, i'll be confident of getting high 50s on my commute in my manual GTD and mid 60s maintaining 80mph on the motorway.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #92 on: 02 July 2013, 07:59 »

Found it odd that they hadn't cancelled out all the ACC setting tweaks in the menu when the car hasn't got ACC fitted (was expecting them to be missing altogether or greyed out to exclude selection).

They've probably fitted ACC by mistake  :grin:

I'll tell him to have a look for the button that toggles between mode (I assume it will be amongst the buttons around the shifter), just in case!

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #93 on: 02 July 2013, 08:01 »
Spend a long time cleaning it mainly because the G-techniq C2V3 is a twit to get the residue off. Had to do a rinse wipe up then buff by hand as initial buffing was a pig and we probably put too much on (my dad was spraying and he used about 300ml when 100ml would have probably done it). The car feels like teflon now, nothing will stick to it. The GTD has a lap timer in the menu, the GTD logo appears in the media screen when you switch on and most of the other stuff is as we've read. It has Dunlops  :sick:, and the wheels look amazing - the black accents look so good on a black car.

It has a soundaktor, and it sounded a little more subtle than the Scirocco one but I didn't do more than 40mph in it around the doors. You can feel the extra poke over the 170CR although it doesn't feel any more refined (not that the 170 is unrefined). Just lots of handy little features you will eventually take for granted.How do you attach pics? Do they have to be on the web somewhere and have a web addressed?

Im not sue the GTI logo appears on my screen?

What media system has he got?

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #94 on: 02 July 2013, 08:04 »
Spend a long time cleaning it mainly because the G-techniq C2V3 is a twit to get the residue off. Had to do a rinse wipe up then buff by hand as initial buffing was a pig and we probably put too much on (my dad was spraying and he used about 300ml when 100ml would have probably done it). The car feels like teflon now, nothing will stick to it. The GTD has a lap timer in the menu, the GTD logo appears in the media screen when you switch on and most of the other stuff is as we've read. It has Dunlops  :sick:, and the wheels look amazing - the black accents look so good on a black car.

It has a soundaktor, and it sounded a little more subtle than the Scirocco one but I didn't do more than 40mph in it around the doors. You can feel the extra poke over the 170CR although it doesn't feel any more refined (not that the 170 is unrefined). Just lots of handy little features you will eventually take for granted.How do you attach pics? Do they have to be on the web somewhere and have a web addressed?

Im not sue the GTI logo appears on my screen?

What media system has he got?

Dave

Just the bare bones one, no nav or dynaudio. The GTD logo fills about 1/3 of the screen on start-up and disappears when you start navigating through menus or after about 3 seconds if you don't do anything.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #95 on: 02 July 2013, 08:04 »
Dave, I've got the Discover Media with basic nav and it appears in mine. Not all the time though, only from a cold startup I think. First you see the VW logo and " Welcome to Volkswagen", then GTI appears.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #96 on: 02 July 2013, 08:24 »
Mmmm will go and look now.

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #97 on: 02 July 2013, 08:25 »
Dave, I've got the Discover Media with basic nav and it appears in mine. Not all the time though, only from a cold startup I think. First you see the VW logo and " Welcome to Volkswagen", then GTI appears.

Sounds about right, I forgot the finer details as time was against me last night. If my dad had been around an extra day i'd have taken umpteen pics including shots of screens and settings. Can't remember whether there was needle sweep ("staging"). It certainly wasn't there when the stop-start was working - probably only on first key ignition activation, as it is in my Scirocco.

If needle sweep isn't on it'll be a doddle in VCDS. Was only standard on Scirocco R but selectable via VCDS on all other scirooc variants with the newer dial set. I wonder what other activatable goodies VCDS holds - I always like to add beep on locking as it's reassuring to hear a beep when you lock up to know the car is locked.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #98 on: 02 July 2013, 08:48 »
Have been thinking this myself as well about VCDS coding. As the MK7's been out now for over 6 months, to be honest I expected to see a little more on the subject especially on the German forums but very little still seems to exist and it seems the MQB platform isn't still officially 100% integrated into the full version of VCDS yet, although I'm sure it will come.

I'll be taking the door warning lights off the Scirocco when it arrives and putting the red reflectors back in, and would like to retro fit these to the GTD (as the reflectors are the same), but I need the VCDS coding to add to the door module.

On a separate subject, the only slightly disappointing aspect is that the callipers are just the natural bare aluminium colour, as these will most certainly tarnish over time, (as have all my VW callipers), and through those lovely alloys, could let the side down. I thought in the brochure it said they were painted Grey ? Oh, well, might have to colour code them afterall to keep them looking good.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #99 on: 02 July 2013, 09:07 »
It definitely does the staging / needle sweep on startup.

Sounds like the GTD callipers are the same as they were in the mk6. Mine looked ok after 2 years ownership, but they had definitely dulled a lot and not as easy to clean as painted ones.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.