Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1149531 times)

Offline George k

• GTI forum regular
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #80 on: 01 July 2013, 23:22 »
Yes both keys should have GTD/GTI hooks on end of key

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #81 on: 01 July 2013, 23:38 »
Wow! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: Looks incredible mate!

mjh_056

« Reply #82 on: 01 July 2013, 23:40 »
looks even better in the flesh.

The photos could not be better in impressing so If that is the thinking from your view today then that is praise indeed!

Anyone who had concerns at all from seeing all the GTI recently should have had them removed completely now having seen these GTD in the flesh photos & comments.

Offline Kendo44

• Not said much yet
« Reply #83 on: 02 July 2013, 00:07 »
Wow! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: Looks incredible mate!

Looks stunning, let us know how the fabric protector works out.

And Bill, fingers crossed yours comes a lot sooner than you expect mate  :smiley:
Golf GTD 5 Dr Keyless entry, rear side airbags, park assist, Oryx white, Winter pack, Sunroof - and lovin' it :-)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #84 on: 02 July 2013, 06:15 »
Looks absolutely stunning bud.

Quick question, are the callipers actually painted, or just left in the aluminium standard finish ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #85 on: 02 July 2013, 07:14 »
Looking good MH, I always said that when clean and polished, black is generally the nicest colour for cars!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #86 on: 02 July 2013, 07:34 »
Looking good MH, I always said that when clean and polished, black is generally the nicest colour for cars!

Yes, but it's hard work keeping them clean. Hopefully the G-Techniq stuff stays slippery so muck will just slide off with a wipe and a hose. The feel of that stuff on the bodywork is just weird, never felt anything like it - can't imagine much sticking to that.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #87 on: 02 July 2013, 07:36 »
Looks absolutely stunning bud.

Quick question, are the callipers actually painted, or just left in the aluminium standard finish ?

Calipers are a bright natural alloy finish - like cast aluminium, not painted at all. Suppose they won't really deteriorate in appearance if they're not painted

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #88 on: 02 July 2013, 07:39 »
Yes both keys should have GTD/GTI hooks on end of key

Maybe in the rush job of getting it ready for my dad they forgot to put the other one on, or my dad will find it in a cubbyhole somewhere.

If not i'll give the dealer a ring. Noticed a miniscule paint scuff (as small as a stone chip, but the paint surface was burred, so not a stone chip) one the line where the flat edge of the wheel arch on the front bumper meets the curved bit - on that angled edge. Again, i'm assuming that maybe they saw it but didn't have time to do anything with it given the rush job that had to be done to get it to my dad so he could go down to Southampton today.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #89 on: 02 July 2013, 07:46 »
Your dad must have a massive smile on his face  :grin:

Looks outstanding! Thanks so much for the pics

He is very impressed with the way it drives and all the toys - it is a massive jump from the MK5 GT 170TDI. The handling, the smoothness of the ride and the power delivery is massively better than the PD unit. My dad clogged it a little on the way back from the dealership and said that the pick-up in pace was more impressive than his old one with the tuning box on it (it's a proper tuning box, not one of those £17 reisistor/MAF fooling jobbies off ebay) which is kicking out 205PS (with far less smooth power delivery). I think he must've been tonking it back from Sunderland as his trip computer (8 mile trip) was only showing 36mpg!

It felt a subtle improvement in handling over my Scirocco when I drove it, not by much, but then I only took it to 40mph going around the doors locally to pick up a takeaway after the external stuff was done.

Found it odd that they hadn't cancelled out all the ACC setting tweaks in the menu when the car hasn't got ACC fitted (was expecting them to be missing altogether or greyed out to exclude selection).