Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1159174 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #60 on: 01 July 2013, 15:31 »
Just wondering if mcmaddy has seen my dad's GTD yet - he was going to the dealership to see it and it should be in about now from port of Tyne (my dad was told to come at 3:30pm to start handover proceedings).
yes I've been and it looks even better than the pictures. IMO its better than the gti due to the wheels. let us know if it's got the soundaktor
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Kendo44

• Not said much yet
« Reply #61 on: 01 July 2013, 16:05 »
Hi Guys
Just had a call from my dealer to say that my car will be with them next week, so should be available for pick up by Wednesday (the bummer is I am going away next week for a few days so probably wont get it until the following week, but hey ho better than my original late August / September estimate  :smiley:

Woah!  You ordered like 3 days before me if I remember right... and are taking delivery 3 months before me.

Aww...

I'm feeling your pain Bill, three more months is a long time for your order date  :sad:
« Last Edit: 01 July 2013, 16:07 by Kendo44 »
Golf GTD 5 Dr Keyless entry, rear side airbags, park assist, Oryx white, Winter pack, Sunroof - and lovin' it :-)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #62 on: 01 July 2013, 17:35 »
Ah well, I'm assuming the full 4 weeks delivery in that.  So might be a little less!

Gotta look on the bright side eh? :grin:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #63 on: 01 July 2013, 18:28 »
Well my dad still isn't back with the GTD - I think he must've been car-jacked at the Tyne tunnel!  :evil:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #64 on: 01 July 2013, 18:38 »
it was just getting cleaned at 2.45pm and then needed pdi'd. unless they've found something on the pdi?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline GTD Paul

• Not said much yet
« Reply #65 on: 01 July 2013, 21:40 »
Mines arrived, dealer been in touch today.  In US at the moment so will probably be Friday this week........can't wait!!!
On order GTD, DSG, Black, 19" Santiago, Keyless Entry

Offline RikWebb

• Here all the time
  • Like tears in rain....
« Reply #66 on: 01 July 2013, 21:53 »
Mines arrived, dealer been in touch today.  In US at the moment so will probably be Friday this week........can't wait!!!

When did you order Paul ?
MK7.5 GTD DSG Isaac Blue 5Dr - 19" Santiago's / Nav Pro / Pano Roof / Keyless / Rear Camera / Mobile Wireless charger
Ordered 22/09/2017 - BW confirmed as 23/10/2017

Previous
MK7 GTD Ordered - May 16th 2013 - Tornado Red, Discover Pro Nav - Promised 16 week delivery - HA!
191 Days = 27 Weeks from order to delivery

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #67 on: 01 July 2013, 22:34 »
Spend a long time cleaning it mainly because the G-techniq C2V3 is a twit to get the residue off. Had to do a rinse wipe up then buff by hand as initial buffing was a pig and we probably put too much on (my dad was spraying and he used about 300ml when 100ml would have probably done it). The car feels like teflon now, nothing will stick to it. The GTD has a lap timer in the menu, the GTD logo appears in the media screen when you switch on and most of the other stuff is as we've read. It has Dunlops  :sick:, and the wheels look amazing - the black accents look so good on a black car.

It has a soundaktor, and it sounded a little more subtle than the Scirocco one but I didn't do more than 40mph in it around the doors. You can feel the extra poke over the 170CR although it doesn't feel any more refined (not that the 170 is unrefined). Just lots of handy little features you will eventually take for granted.How do you attach pics? Do they have to be on the web somewhere and have a web addressed?
« Last Edit: 01 July 2013, 23:03 by monkeyhanger »
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline RikWebb

• Here all the time
  • Like tears in rain....
« Reply #68 on: 01 July 2013, 22:39 »
When you reply there is a little 'mona lisa' picture - first icon, second row :)

Looking forward to seeing the pictures
MK7.5 GTD DSG Isaac Blue 5Dr - 19" Santiago's / Nav Pro / Pano Roof / Keyless / Rear Camera / Mobile Wireless charger
Ordered 22/09/2017 - BW confirmed as 23/10/2017

Previous
MK7 GTD Ordered - May 16th 2013 - Tornado Red, Discover Pro Nav - Promised 16 week delivery - HA!
191 Days = 27 Weeks from order to delivery

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #69 on: 01 July 2013, 22:45 »
Spend a long time cleaning it mainly because the G-techniq C2V3 is a twit to get the residue off. Had to do a rinse wipe up then buff by hand as initial buffing was a pig and we probably put too much on (my dad was spraying and he used about 300ml when 100ml would have probably done it). The car feels like teflon now, nothing will stick to it. The GTD has a lap timer in the menu, the GTD logo appears in the media screen when you switch on and most of the other stuff is as we've read. It has Dunlops  :sick:, and the wheels look amazing - the black accents look so good on a black car.

It has a soundaktor, and it sounded a little more subtle than the Scirocco one but I didn't do more than 40mph in it around the doors. You can feel the extra poke over the 170CR although it doesn't feel any more refined. Just lots of handy little features you will eventually take for granted.How do you attach pics? Do they have to be on the web somewhere and have a web addressed?

Best bet is to upload them on something like photobucket first of all. How did the car look with the Gtechniq applied?