Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1161498 times)

mjh_056

Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #50 on: 01 July 2013, 09:40 »
It looks like my dad's GTD will be out on the road today. The salesman at Pulman Sunderland has been negotiating with all sorts of people at VWUK and the port of Tyne authority to try and get the car sooner than is normally possible and cutting through teh red tape that VWUK put up to delay transport from the docks by up to 2 days after the port authority has given the all clear. The salesman is supposed to be off on holiday all this week, but he has delayed his holiday by a day to make things happen.

The rush is that my dad lives down south now and was up for my uncle's 50th party this weekend. It would be a bit inconvenient to have to come back up for the car in about a weeks time. so the salesman has rushed the deplivery process.

He's taking my dad down the docks today to pick the car up on a flatbed and get it back to the dealership for PDI and sort out the final bits of paperwork before he can drive it away. It seemed that VW UK were a bigger hurdle than the port authority in making this happen quickly, but he's worked a way around it.

Will be getting it washed and then treated with G-Techniq C2V3 and the upholstery treatment. I'll take plenty of pics and confirm the fitment of the "Soundaktor".

As always down to individual dealers and individual people rather than the company itself in quality of service you receive. This dealer obviously values it's customers and anyone reading here will I am sure use them over others in area because of.

All very good news for your Dad though as he is going to be a rare sight indeed very shortly a MK7 GTD on UK roads! might even be first as still not seeing any demos yet either.

Good for the GTD buyers amongst us too as we get a few questions answered and some in the flesh photos.

Not sure how much you will get to go out in as it heads South with father but any performance thoughts would be nice to.

But all that aside hope it all goes really well :)

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #51 on: 01 July 2013, 10:30 »
It looks like my dad's GTD will be out on the road today. The salesman at Pulman Sunderland has been negotiating with all sorts of people at VWUK and the port of Tyne authority to try and get the car sooner than is normally possible and cutting through teh red tape that VWUK put up to delay transport from the docks by up to 2 days after the port authority has given the all clear. The salesman is supposed to be off on holiday all this week, but he has delayed his holiday by a day to make things happen.

The rush is that my dad lives down south now and was up for my uncle's 50th party this weekend. It would be a bit inconvenient to have to come back up for the car in about a weeks time. so the salesman has rushed the deplivery process.

He's taking my dad down the docks today to pick the car up on a flatbed and get it back to the dealership for PDI and sort out the final bits of paperwork before he can drive it away. It seemed that VW UK were a bigger hurdle than the port authority in making this happen quickly, but he's worked a way around it.

Will be getting it washed and then treated with G-Techniq C2V3 and the upholstery treatment. I'll take plenty of pics and confirm the fitment of the "Soundaktor".

That's really good news. Would be very interested to hear your opinions on the G-Techniq products once you aand your dad have detailed the car  :smiley: :smiley:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #52 on: 01 July 2013, 10:52 »

As always down to individual dealers and individual people rather than the company itself in quality of service you receive. This dealer obviously values it's customers and anyone reading here will I am sure use them over others in area because of.

All very good news for your Dad though as he is going to be a rare sight indeed very shortly a MK7 GTD on UK roads! might even be first as still not seeing any demos yet either.

Good for the GTD buyers amongst us too as we get a few questions answered and some in the flesh photos.

Not sure how much you will get to go out in as it heads South with father but any performance thoughts would be nice to.

I'm sure he'll be chuffed with it. Although it looks tidy, his MK5 Golf GT 170TDI PD runs like a bag of hammers compared to the CR unit in my Scirocco. He had a chipping box on it and it was pushing out 205PS, but it was really rough on start-up as a result when it shuddered into life. Was a 2 min job to take it off and it seemed a bit smoother to restart with it off.

On the move I wasn't sure if it was any rougher than stock, although PD is massively rougher than CR. The same company have a new box out that'll supposedly boost the 184PS TDI unit to 239PS and 495NM torque, but if that was at the expense of refinement i'd pass.

I'll probably be in it for all of 1/2 an hour after we've given it the cleaning treatment, then apply the upholstery protector and leave it overnight.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #53 on: 01 July 2013, 11:11 »
The salesman at Pulman Sunderland has been negotiating with all sorts of people at VWUK and the port of Tyne authority to try and get the car sooner than is normally possible and cutting through teh red tape that VWUK put up to delay transport from the docks by up to 2 days after the port authority has given the all clear. The salesman is supposed to be off on holiday all this week, but he has delayed his holiday by a day to make things happen.

Proper customer service!

Any idea why VWUK want you to wait 2 days though?

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #54 on: 01 July 2013, 11:27 »
Proper customer service!

Any idea why VWUK want you to wait 2 days though?

Because they can?  :evil:

Perhaps they wait an allocated 2 or 3 working days after arrival before they make transport arrangements, the kind of timespan where they can be 100% sure that customs/port authority have released it, rather than pestering them to release early on every car that comes in.

mjh_056

« Reply #55 on: 01 July 2013, 11:34 »

I'm sure he'll be chuffed with it. Although it looks tidy, his MK5 Golf GT 170TDI PD runs like a bag of hammers compared to the CR unit in my Scirocco. He had a chipping box on it and it was pushing out 205PS, but it was really rough on start-up as a result when it shuddered into life. Was a 2 min job to take it off and it seemed a bit smoother to restart with it off.

On the move I wasn't sure if it was any rougher than stock, although PD is massively rougher than CR. The same company have a new box out that'll supposedly boost the 184PS TDI unit to 239PS and 495NM torque, but if that was at the expense of refinement i'd pass.

I'll probably be in it for all of 1/2 an hour after we've given it the cleaning treatment, then apply the upholstery protector and leave it overnight.

As you know I have the CR 170BHP we share and it is an engine that already has all the performance you will ever really need in reality, it certainly gets me around quickly enough with a ready rush of accelleration when needed :)

Accelleration from standing is decent and the mid range accelleration from 50-60 upwards is hugely satisfying as you fly past traffiv without even changing gear as just dip throttle some more.

So with some more HP and Torque and in a lighter vehicle then things can only be better than what I am hugely satisfied with now.

If the first and second gear are a little longer before gear change then even more so but this is one of my unknowns in how DSG marries to engine?

Look forward to your initial thoughts before Dad takes it away!

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #56 on: 01 July 2013, 15:23 »
Just wondering if mcmaddy has seen my dad's GTD yet - he was going to the dealership to see it and it should be in about now from port of Tyne (my dad was told to come at 3:30pm to start handover proceedings).

Offline Kendo44

• Not said much yet
« Reply #57 on: 01 July 2013, 15:26 »
Hi Guys
Just had a call from my dealer to say that my car will be with them next week, so should be available for pick up by Wednesday (the bummer is I am going away next week for a few days so probably wont get it until the following week, but hey ho better than my original late August / September estimate  :smiley:
Golf GTD 5 Dr Keyless entry, rear side airbags, park assist, Oryx white, Winter pack, Sunroof - and lovin' it :-)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #58 on: 01 July 2013, 15:28 »
Hi Guys
Just had a call from my dealer to say that my car will be with them next week, so should be available for pick up by Wednesday (the bummer is I am going away next week for a few days so probably wont get it until the following week, but hey ho better than my original late August / September estimate  :smiley:

Woah!  You ordered like 3 days before me if I remember right... and are taking delivery 3 months before me.

Aww...

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #59 on: 01 July 2013, 15:28 »
Just wondering if mcmaddy has seen my dad's GTD yet - he was going to the dealership to see it and it should be in about now from port of Tyne (my dad was told to come at 3:30pm to start handover proceedings).

Go here:
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=254143.new;topicseen#new

hehehe