Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1162149 times)

Offline skippy

• GTI forum regular
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #40 on: 29 June 2013, 17:57 »
Superb Joe, just superb!!  :smiley:

Enjoy!
MK7.5 2020, Isaac Blue, standard spec

Gone but certainly not forgotten Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TSI

Offline Kendo44

• Not said much yet
« Reply #41 on: 29 June 2013, 18:34 »
Hi Joe,

Lovely car ....enjoy it!

One quick question do you know if the Gti and Gtd come with locking wheel nuts or do we have to buy them as an accessory?
Golf GTD 5 Dr Keyless entry, rear side airbags, park assist, Oryx white, Winter pack, Sunroof - and lovin' it :-)

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #42 on: 29 June 2013, 18:49 »
Hi Joe,

Lovely car ....enjoy it!

One quick question do you know if the Gti and Gtd come with locking wheel nuts or do we have to buy them as an accessory?

Yeah, locking wheel nuts have been standard for years I think.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #43 on: 29 June 2013, 20:35 »
Hi Joe,

Lovely car ....enjoy it!

Stated in the price list/brochure mate. :afro:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #44 on: 29 June 2013, 21:50 »
I'm glad it's normal plastic tbh and the honeycomb holes are bigger and less of them so MUCH easier to clean! The gloss one is a ball ache to keep looking god! >:(

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #45 on: 29 June 2013, 22:03 »
I'm glad it's normal plastic tbh and the honeycomb holes are bigger and less of them so MUCH easier to clean! The gloss one is a ball ache to keep looking god! >:(

That is true, lol. I never had the patience for cleaning it right.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #46 on: 29 June 2013, 23:04 »
Another thing i've recently found out is that you can deactivate the automatic rear wiper when in reverse on the mk7, it's in the "car" menu apparently, fan-bloody-tastic!!!!! 8)

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #47 on: 30 June 2013, 07:50 »
Another thing i've recently found out is that you can deactivate the automatic rear wiper when in reverse on the mk7, it's in the "car" menu apparently, fan-bloody-tastic!!!!! 8)

That's awesome news, the amount of times my rear wiper on my MK6 has whacked into my bike rack  :angry:
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline Kendo44

• Not said much yet
« Reply #48 on: 01 July 2013, 00:49 »
Hi Joe,

Lovely car ....enjoy it!

Yeah, locking wheel nuts have been standard for years I think.
Hi Joe,

Lovely car ....enjoy it!

Stated in the price list/brochure mate. :afro:

Thanks guys, I thought I had read that somewhere but just wanted to confirm :-)
Golf GTD 5 Dr Keyless entry, rear side airbags, park assist, Oryx white, Winter pack, Sunroof - and lovin' it :-)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #49 on: 01 July 2013, 08:55 »
It looks like my dad's GTD will be out on the road today. The salesman at Pulman Sunderland has been negotiating with all sorts of people at VWUK and the port of Tyne authority to try and get the car sooner than is normally possible and cutting through teh red tape that VWUK put up to delay transport from the docks by up to 2 days after the port authority has given the all clear. The salesman is supposed to be off on holiday all this week, but he has delayed his holiday by a day to make things happen.

The rush is that my dad lives down south now and was up for my uncle's 50th party this weekend. It would be a bit inconvenient to have to come back up for the car in about a weeks time. so the salesman has rushed the deplivery process.

He's taking my dad down the docks today to pick the car up on a flatbed and get it back to the dealership for PDI and sort out the final bits of paperwork before he can drive it away. It seemed that VW UK were a bigger hurdle than the port authority in making this happen quickly, but he's worked a way around it.

Will be getting it washed and then treated with G-Techniq C2V3 and the upholstery treatment. I'll take plenty of pics and confirm the fitment of the "Soundaktor".
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.