Author Topic: GTD Brakes  (Read 14044 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
GTD Brakes
« on: 06 May 2013, 22:18 »
Hi all me again. Was just re reading the GTD part of the price list with the specs, and just noticed on the brakes it said "Grey Brake callipers with GTD logo", and it got me thinking.

On the GTI models, the brakes callipers are always gloss red, and the Power Pack versions come with GTI covers with the logo on the callipers. Well according to the price list, the GTD has a logo on them as well and is painted grey ? Does that mean like a gloss grey or just the grey silver finish the callipers are made of ? Doesn't sound right to me ?

Yes I have OCD...I admit it  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: 07 May 2013, 08:15 by Norbreck21a »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: GTD Brakes
« Reply #1 on: 06 May 2013, 22:57 »
The best pics i've seen of the GTD but it's hard to tell, these haven't got the logo on but i suppose we won't know for sure until we start seeing the production cars.

Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 06 May 2013, 23:04 »
I've probably got every GTD picture out there on the internet  :grin: Like Jimble posted, on the white car, the callipers are grey and it doesn't look like the shape is right (like on the GTI) to have the letters GTD. I have noticed on the red GTD's, that colour of the callipers are red, but in any of the images I've got, I can't see the letters GTD.

I suppose until we actually see a car, then we won't know for sure.
VW Golf R 7.5 | 3 Door | DSG | Lapiz Blue | Black Pretorias | Dynaudio | DCC | Rear Reversing Camera | Black Mirror Caps

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #3 on: 07 May 2013, 07:43 »
Not sure why the price list says the GTD brake callipers have the logo on them, but it also says the same about the GTI.   I thought it was only the larger brakes in the Performance Pack on the GTI that sported the logo?  In all honesty, there's already enough GTI bling around the car already without the callipers showing off as well, lol.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 07 May 2013, 08:13 »
The real reason I asked is if they painted (grey or what ever colour), rather than the standard silver aluminium finish, they will be easier to keep clean. One of the problems I've had with my MK5 Golf and now Scirocco, is that although I can clean the alloys and even the wheel arch liners (if I see fit  :grin:), after a couple of years, it's always the callipers that look a little ragged, as the aluminium seems to corrode and the brake dust no longer cleans off meaning the callipers always look dirty.

Yes I know I could paint them, but If they are finished to the same level at the GTI ones, (i.e. smooth high gloss finish - logo or no logo), it will be much easier to keep on top of them, especially as the 18" Nogaro alloys are a very open spoke design and therefore will show the callipers to their fullest.

Yes I have OCD.... I admit it  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: 07 May 2013, 08:16 by Norbreck21a »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #5 on: 07 May 2013, 08:28 »
Very true, painted callipers are easier to keep clean!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline MM087

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 13 September 2013, 18:18 »
Can anyone confirm if the brakes callipers on the GTD are painted or not ?

If not is it worth getting the Callipers painted ? Been quoted £45 per calliper by the VW Dealer who I have just ordered my car through, any thoughts opinions

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 13 September 2013, 18:20 »
Can anyone confirm if the brakes callipers on the GTD are painted or not ?

If not is it worth getting the Callipers painted ? Been quoted £45 per calliper by the VW Dealer who I have just ordered my car through, any thoughts opinions

All the ones i've seen at dealers aren't painted. :'(
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Ricepop

« Reply #8 on: 13 September 2013, 18:34 »
They aren't painted, I asked the dealer why it says so in the brochure and they told me that the brochure is wrong.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 13 September 2013, 19:09 »
Just to confuse you at Frankfurt today GTD's I looked at were red lol