Author Topic: Urano Grey?  (Read 36055 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Urano Grey?
« on: 29 March 2013, 16:38 »
Anyone seen a Urinal Grey mk7 in the flesh yet?
Does it look as crap as it does on the configurator?

I need grey in my grey life and I don't really like any of the other grey and silver options in the paint chart.
Or the blue.

Is Urano going to be the new black? Will it take over the world or will nobody spec it until it gets discreetly dropped from the options? Is it only there as a hilarious German joke because there aren't any other 'free' colours left apart from red and black?
Does anyone even care?

:kiss:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: Urano Grey?
« Reply #1 on: 29 March 2013, 16:54 »
Urinal grey has been available on the new Passat since it was released so keep yer eyes peeled! It's a bit milky looking  :sick:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 29 March 2013, 16:59 »
Does that mean I've got to start looking at passing Pissrats now? It'll be like counting sheep and I'll fall asleep at the wheel...

:whistle:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 29 March 2013, 17:03 »
Does that mean I've got to start looking at passing Pissrats now? It'll be like counting sheep and I'll fall asleep at the wheel...

:whistle:

Yup! :grin:

Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 29 March 2013, 17:10 »

Hmm, I think I'm in love  :drool:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 29 March 2013, 17:32 »
Andy:

You really need to see the colours 'live'. Personally, I'd go with the lighter metallics if you don't like Metallic Red, these being Reflex Silver and Tungsten Silver. They really do show-off the design details on the Mk7. I know Silver is boring, but in this case it really does accentuate the subtle surface aspects of the car. Sunset Red Metallic is also very fetching. I've seen these three colours and the Sunset Red Metallic is simply my favourite. It looks great in all lighting conditions and you won't notice that stupid Red Detail through the headlights as much.

I'd avoid the flat colours as they are more prone to swirl marks. I should know, as I had a Tornado Red Mk6 GTI.

I think the range of available colours is pretty good with the stand out colour being the Metallic Sunset Red. It's worth £500 IMO.

PS: As luck would have it, I've just seen a Urano Gray Passat drive past my house!!! My advice: DO NOT! Urinal Gray is a P!ssa&se colour.  :sick:
« Last Edit: 29 March 2013, 17:41 by am1w »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 29 March 2013, 17:37 »

Hmm, I think I'm in love  :drool:
I've got a model tiger mark eins upstairs its urinal grey and its awesome  :embarrassed:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 29 March 2013, 19:06 »
Andy:

You really need to see the colours 'live'. Personally, I'd go with the lighter metallics if you don't like Metallic Red, these being Reflex Silver and Tungsten Silver. They really do show-off the design details on the Mk7. I know Silver is boring, but in this case it really does accentuate the subtle surface aspects of the car. Sunset Red Metallic is also very fetching. I've seen these three colours and the Sunset Red Metallic is simply my favourite. It looks great in all lighting conditions and you won't notice that stupid Red Detail through the headlights as much.

I'd avoid the flat colours as they are more prone to swirl marks. I should know, as I had a Tornado Red Mk6 GTI.

I think the range of available colours is pretty good with the stand out colour being the Metallic Sunset Red. It's worth £500 IMO.

PS: As luck would have it, I've just seen a Urano Gray Passat drive past my house!!! My advice: DO NOT! Urinal Gray is a P!ssa&se colour.  :sick:

Thank you Asker  :kiss:

The thread is just a bit of a joke really, if I bite the bullet it's going to be a white 3 door manual. I won't notice the swirls as it never stops raining.
But I think the mk6 will be with me for a while longer yet.

I quite like the Sunset Red but I'm not sure it's a GTI colour, need to see one in the flesh.
Same with Pacific Blue, nice but not a GTI shade unless seeing one live makes me thing otherwise? Rising Blue or SEAT Speed Blue were more GTI type colours.
Silver was ok on my mk6 but didn't look right until two days before I sold it and I put the grey wheels on it. Then it looked good.
I've had two Steel Grey GTIs now so would have loved that colour to stay.
Carbon Grey was nice but not available yet
Black looks fantastic on GTIs but not for me, too much like hard work having two black cars.
Don't like dark blue full stop. A mate had a 1988 special edition GTI in blue and it was a nightmare and I had a 2002 Leon Cupra in Imperial Blue which was also a nightmare, as was my VR6 and G40 which all showed up every little tiny mark.

No, it's going to be white!!
Well actually it's going to be keeping my Steel Grey as I'm losing interest already!!!  :laugh:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline JonnyG

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 29 March 2013, 19:08 »
I followed a new Limestone Grey Golf Mk 7 yesterday and it looked very nice IMHO.  Personally I'd stick to a metallic for grey ... I reckon after 3 years of driving, the "flat" Urano grey will look a tad dull.

Limestone Grey :

« Last Edit: 29 March 2013, 19:12 by JonnyG »
Current : Seat Cupra Lux, DSG, Magnetic Grey, Sept 2019
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Pure White, March 2017
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Tornado Red, March 2015
Gone :    Audi RS3, Daytona Grey, 7sp S-Tronic, Sept 2012
Gone :    Golf R, Rising Blue, 5dr DSG Mar 2010
Gone :    Golf R32, DBP, 5dr, DSG, Nov 2008
Gone :    Golf GTi ED30, Mar 2007

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 29 March 2013, 20:00 »
Andy:

Thank you Asker  :kiss:

The thread is just a bit of a joke really, if I bite the bullet it's going to be a white 3 door manual. I won't notice the swirls as it never stops raining.
But I think the mk6 will be with me for a while longer yet.

I quite like the Sunset Red but I'm not sure it's a GTI colour, need to see one in the flesh.
Same with Pacific Blue, nice but not a GTI shade unless seeing one live makes me thing otherwise? Rising Blue or SEAT Speed Blue were more GTI type colours.
Silver was ok on my mk6 but didn't look right until two days before I sold it and I put the grey wheels on it. Then it looked good.
I've had two Steel Grey GTIs now so would have loved that colour to stay.
Carbon Grey was nice but not available yet
Black looks fantastic on GTIs but not for me, too much like hard work having two black cars.
Don't like dark blue full stop. A mate had a 1988 special edition GTI in blue and it was a nightmare and I had a 2002 Leon Cupra in Imperial Blue which was also a nightmare, as was my VR6 and G40 which all showed up every little tiny mark.

No, it's going to be white!!
Well actually it's going to be keeping my Steel Grey as I'm losing interest already!!!  :laugh:
my 3 door I have just part x wes steel grey and that was one of the reasons I brought it in the first place so shame they aren't keeping it as an option  :sad:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack