Author Topic: first review in april CAR magazine  (Read 6536 times)

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
Re: first review in april CAR magazine
« Reply #10 on: 19 March 2013, 21:05 »
Boring...

whatever ........i thought this was a forum for sharing informaton not insulting what someone writes to signpost people to an intresting article on the new GTI  :rolleyes:

I think he was talking about the review not you  :smiley:

I was, the fact that the car is now "its more mature, less shouty, more subtle and" which makes it all very boring.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Running Man

« Reply #11 on: 19 March 2013, 22:34 »
No worries, I guessed you were a subscriber.  :smiley:

Just looking at Auto Car's preview of the magazine that comes out tomorrow, they say on their site:
First drive reviews include an exclusive drive of a prototype of the new Peugeot 208 GTI, the BMW 3-series GT, the Kia Procee'd, the Kia Carens and the all-new Renault Clio Renaultsport 200 Turbo, which Steve Sutcliffe pits against the mighty Toyota GT86 to answer the question as to which delivers the greatest driver thrills. The subject of the full eight-page road test is currently subject to a secrecy agreement – find out more on Wednesday.
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/week-autocar/autocar-magazine-20-march-preview

I wonder if this is the GTI too? If so and an embargo ends tomorrow we could see reviews all over the net at 0001hrs! :smiley: Saying that though, wouldn't it be normal for Auto Car to have a short 'First Drive' review before having a proper 8 page review done here in the UK?

Running Man, was the CAR test and its pictures done in the UK? Also, was it the three or five door tested?

driven in france, Ile de France region around Paris, 5 door red (no performance pack)  :wink:

Offline the sniper

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 19 March 2013, 22:46 »
driven in france, Ile de France region around Paris, 5 door red (no performance pack)  :wink:

Thanks again Running Man. Makes sense that it's the 5 Door considering that it's the bigger seller. 

Offline Pacman_GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 19 March 2013, 23:05 »
  The GTI is on the cover in red, looks good.

Definitely the best pics I've seen of the car yet. From the front and the side it looks very good (although very similar to the Mk6) - I'm still not convinced about the rear end though - it looks like the shrunken rear of an SUV (possibly the next Touareg?).
2012 Mark 6 Golf GTI

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 23 March 2013, 12:48 »
The car they test drive is the same one from the sweden test,same reg and 12163km on the clock!

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5937387-All-Golf-7-test-driving-in-Sweden
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 24 March 2013, 10:23 »
This is basically the article from CAR magazine in a nutshell, even used the same pictures!

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/geneva/2013/1303_2015_volkswagen_gti/
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 24 March 2013, 19:19 »
The front looks rather bland and too much like all the other MKVII variants. Would have expected a bigger presence from the GTI.  From what I have seen so far I can't feel any great desire to change from the MKVI at present.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 26 March 2013, 13:32 »
Looks like the standard seats are much better quality than the MKV / MKVI? From those pics at least, it appears that the bolsters and headrest are leather / alacantara, a bit like the ED30.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.