Author Topic: first review in april CAR magazine  (Read 6619 times)

Running Man

first review in april CAR magazine
« on: 18 March 2013, 16:02 »
nine page review/feature including pictures, not appears to be on their website though.

quote - the golf GTI has grown up alongside its target audience.  Like them, its more mature, less shouty, more subtle and, in every measurable sense , much better.  its a car for our times , and probably the only one you'll need.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
Re: first review in april CAR magazine
« Reply #1 on: 18 March 2013, 17:32 »
Boring...
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Running Man

« Reply #2 on: 18 March 2013, 18:40 »
Boring...

whatever ........i thought this was a forum for sharing informaton not insulting what someone writes to signpost people to an intresting article on the new GTI  :rolleyes:

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 18 March 2013, 19:06 »
Boring...

whatever ........i thought this was a forum for sharing informaton not insulting what someone writes to signpost people to an intresting article on the new GTI  :rolleyes:

I think he was talking about the review not you  :smiley:
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline Pacman_GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 18 March 2013, 19:32 »
It's a good review and the writer is clearly extremely impressed by the car.

The question it doesn't answer though is if it's so good as to justify upgrading from a Mk6.
2012 Mark 6 Golf GTI

Offline JonnyG

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 18 March 2013, 19:33 »
Many thanks for the heads up ... I'll have a long peek on WH Smith shelves ... but will probably end up buying a copy  :grin: 

A warm welcome to the forum btw  ... that looks like your first post  ? :smiley:

Are you looking at getting a Mk 7 GTi ?
Current : Seat Cupra Lux, DSG, Magnetic Grey, Sept 2019
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Pure White, March 2017
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Tornado Red, March 2015
Gone :    Audi RS3, Daytona Grey, 7sp S-Tronic, Sept 2012
Gone :    Golf R, Rising Blue, 5dr DSG Mar 2010
Gone :    Golf R32, DBP, 5dr, DSG, Nov 2008
Gone :    Golf GTi ED30, Mar 2007

Running Man

« Reply #6 on: 18 March 2013, 19:58 »
thanks, yes looking at the 7 GTI or 2014 Golf R.  Depends if its worth changing from my 2011 GTI which is ace.

Offline the sniper

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 18 March 2013, 23:26 »
Thanks for that Running Man. I was wondering when we'd see the first drives. I imagine it won't be too long before the other mags reveal their early verdicts.

Am I right to presume that the April edition comes out in shops on Wednesday, or is it out already?

Running Man

« Reply #8 on: 19 March 2013, 15:16 »
I subscribe to CAR and received it through the post yesterday, i guess it will be in the shops today/tommorow not exactly sure.  The GTI is on the cover in red, looks good.

Offline the sniper

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 19 March 2013, 20:31 »
No worries, I guessed you were a subscriber.  :smiley:

Just looking at Auto Car's preview of the magazine that comes out tomorrow, they say on their site:
First drive reviews include an exclusive drive of a prototype of the new Peugeot 208 GTI, the BMW 3-series GT, the Kia Procee'd, the Kia Carens and the all-new Renault Clio Renaultsport 200 Turbo, which Steve Sutcliffe pits against the mighty Toyota GT86 to answer the question as to which delivers the greatest driver thrills. The subject of the full eight-page road test is currently subject to a secrecy agreement – find out more on Wednesday.
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/week-autocar/autocar-magazine-20-march-preview

I wonder if this is the GTI too? If so and an embargo ends tomorrow we could see reviews all over the net at 0001hrs! :smiley: Saying that though, wouldn't it be normal for Auto Car to have a short 'First Drive' review before having a proper 8 page review done here in the UK?

Running Man, was the CAR test and its pictures done in the UK? Also, was it the three or five door tested?