Author Topic: Final specification for GTI officially revealed  (Read 8763 times)

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: Final specification for GTI officially revealed
« Reply #20 on: 01 March 2013, 21:19 »
That gloss inlay is gonna be a pain in the ass to keep clean!

Looking at the pictures from the Paris motor show it's more loke the trim thats in the 35 than gloss which looks quite cool tbh. I think the above pic is some kind of photoshop, as the door arm rest looks like plastic as well which i doubt will be the case?
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 05 March 2013, 19:19 »
The "third eye" is on the GTI at the Geneva motor show at the end of this video:

http://youtu.be/2Y_pP9Jpsdc

But not all of them so fingers crossed it's an option. :sick:

Better video tbh:
http://youtu.be/ZqKrGvSO9Us
« Last Edit: 05 March 2013, 19:25 by Jimble »

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 05 March 2013, 22:23 »
Sounds as if that 3rd eye is here to stay as its the radar for the collision system...

Unless the collision system is a option?
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 05 March 2013, 22:59 »
I think the collision system is in the windscreen behind the rear view mirror, that sensor is for the adaptive cruise, it's not on all of them at the show.

Edit: scratch that! It's the lane assist behind the mirror, it is the collision system in the bumper. :embarrassed:

Tbh, the more i look at it the less offensive i find it, at least it's not shiny and round.
« Last Edit: 05 March 2013, 23:11 by Jimble »

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 06 March 2013, 09:05 »
I think the collision system is in the windscreen behind the rear view mirror, that sensor is for the adaptive cruise, it's not on all of them at the show.

Edit: scratch that! It's the lane assist behind the mirror, it is the collision system in the bumper. :embarrassed:

Tbh, the more i look at it the less offensive i find it, at least it's not shiny and round.

Yep I think your end up for getting about it after a little while....
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 06 March 2013, 10:03 »
From the specs for UK I have read we will get Xennons and Composition Media.

I assume then, that the GTi won't get the collision system which is standard on the GT as the GTi gets the above additionals over the GT?

Personally I think it looks crap, and is just a gimmick as from what I understand it only works with speeds below 19mph?

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #26 on: 06 March 2013, 15:04 »
How odd, mines only an SE 150 and the collision prevention is standard on that.  Mine also has the city safety feature and adaptive cruise control which can control the cars speed and distance between 0-99mph with the aid of the DSG box..

With regards to the system not working over 19mph.  I'm not sure that's strictly true, the car will break automatically at far higher speeds but complete stops I believe is from 30mph or less.  There could however be differences between manual and DSG due to the fact that it can control the clutch with the latter.
« Last Edit: 06 March 2013, 15:18 by SoundillusioN »

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 11 March 2013, 20:55 »
comes standard with xenon's and DRL and 18"s this time.

I've not read that anywhere yet, that those are standard? ??? ?

17's are supposed to be standard from most reports.

Dave

Links here, mentions bi-xenons, LED DRL's and 18" wheels as standard in UK. Believe it when you see it though.

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/about-us/news/483/all-new-golf-gti-ready-to-rock-the-road-at-geneva-motor-show

Reposting the link as for some reason that one has stopped working?

[font=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/about-us/news/482/all-new-golf-gti-ready-to-hit-the-road-at-geneva-motor-show[/font]