Author Topic: New pictures of white production GTI during advert filming in USA  (Read 6659 times)

Offline the sniper

• Not said much yet
Re: New pictures of white production GTI during advert filming in USA
« Reply #10 on: 17 February 2013, 00:17 »
And welcome to the forum Sniper and thanks for posting! :afro:

Thanks for the welcome.  :smiley:

Got to agree with everyone who's said they need to see it in the flesh. Seeing all the pictures it's certainly grown on me over the past few months, but I still have a niggling feeling that it doesn't look quite as good as the Mk6, and this is from someone who doesn't own a Mk6! I've got a feeling though that the pictures aren't doing it justice. The non-GTI Mk7 looks better in the flesh then it does in any of the pictures I've seen, so here's hoping it'll be the same with the GTI.

I've booked my trip to the Geneva Motorshow, so it luckily won't be too long until I can find out and report back! I haven't been to a Motorshow since the British Motorshow moved away from the NEC in Birmingham, so I'm rather looking forward to it!

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 17 February 2013, 00:48 »
I used to love going to the NEC motorshow as it was quite local to me, i was gutted when they moved it to London! :angry:
I went to one at the Excel arena but it was a ball ache to get to and tbh was absolute sh!te!!

I agree with what you say about seeing the mk7 in the flesh, i was unsure about it having seen the pictures but having had a test drive i was pleasantly surprised how i felt about it, i reckon the the GTI will be much the same as the 6 in that it'll be a grower?  :smiley:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 19 February 2013, 13:59 »
I think the concensous on the German forums is that the one in the background is a non PP optioned car, as it does not have the fins on the side of the rar screen, nor does it have the wing badge, but curiously does have GTi logo on the brakes, although you can't really see if they are the 17" versions.

I like it, and pretty sure it will be my next car.

Interesting question, is whether the GTi will come with Xenons as standard? It would make sense as why have 2x different headlamp units with a red trim in them for Halogen and Xenon.

Ideal UK basic spec would be for same price as mk6 model, and Xenons standard in lieu of Nav on the GT, that way we'd get rid of that poxy horrible grill mounted camera.

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 19 February 2013, 19:49 »
^Do you think it'll come with 17" brakes? That seems way too big to me and unlikely.

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #14 on: 19 February 2013, 20:52 »
Argh its still not smashing my eyes in :laugh:..
Im still leaning towards changing for a mk6 ed35..if i can get a good deal...
When the MK7 gti is available to order what would the wait time be do you think guys??
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 19 February 2013, 20:56 »
Argh its still not smashing my eyes in :laugh:..
Im still leaning towards changing for a mk6 ed35..if i can get a good deal...
When the MK7 gti is available to order what would the wait time be do you think guys??

The usual 12-16 weeks I'm guessing. Perhaps wait and I know a nice CW Edi35 that'll be available.

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 19 February 2013, 21:03 »
Ha nice one...The dealership where i get my Gt serviced has a Cw ed35 teasing me the other day.. Its just im yet to be wow'ed by a pic of the new gti...I suppose it best to wait a little longer for an official pic or vid..
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 19 February 2013, 22:42 »
Ha nice one...The dealership where i get my Gt serviced has a Cw ed35 teasing me the other day.. Its just im yet to be wow'ed by a pic of the new gti...I suppose it best to wait a little longer for an official pic or vid..

Wait till you can actually go and see one in the flesh before spending your hard earned, then and only then can you really make a informed decision...you don't want to be kicking yourself when you see a 7 at the lights...and thinking" Oh if only I waited "

Just my 2p worth...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Philip James

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 19 February 2013, 23:40 »
What are the 'fins on the rear screen'?

Just found the perfect GTi...

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 20 February 2013, 17:10 »
What are the 'fins on the rear screen'?

If you compare the two cars, the one nearest has a black moulding either side of the screen, probably more for appearance than aerodynamic effect.