Author Topic: New pictures of white production GTI during advert filming in USA  (Read 6702 times)

Offline the sniper

• Not said much yet
Hi all, first post here but I've been lurking for a while now. Looking to get a Mk7 GTI, so I spend rather too much time scouring the net for new pics and Mk7 info!

Anyway, as the thread title says: http://www.vwvortex.com/news/volkswagen-news/production-gti-caught-at-commercial-filming/

Looks good to me. It appears to my eye to have the fog lights in the proper position, as seen on the 'concept' but seemingly absent from the car seen in Sweden. The cyclops eye is omitted from this one, which leads me to hope that the radar will be an option that you can omit on the GTI. Otherwise identical to the one shown in Paris? 

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
Great find, still not sure about those wheels?

Offline Martinvr6

• Not said much yet
I'd rather have a 135i

Offline Raffe

• I live here
Still need to see one in the flesh to decide, have to agree that the wheels don't look right either.

Is making me think I would like to get my lower grill sprayed white..hmmm
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
He mentions that the "camera car" is missing the badge on the wing, i hope that's not going to be a tell tale of the lower powered car? Cos i think thats the one i'll be going for with a few more bells and whistles on. :cry: unless a deal can br done that is.. :huh:

And welcome to the forum Sniper and thanks for posting! :afro:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Great find, still not sure about those wheels?

Yeah great find but I 2nd that about the wheels...will have to see one in the flesh like most to make final judgement..
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
It appears to my eye to have the fog lights in the proper position, as seen on the 'concept' but seemingly absent from the car seen in Sweden.

Great find.

Maybe its my eyes but I can't see any fog lights.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
Thanks Sniper

Good to see some "real pics"

Don't dislike the wheels but I'd want to see what choices there are before I'd say yes to them.

As we've all said a few times, in the flesh it'll look very different so hoping it looks different in a  :cool: way rather than  :sick:

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
The far one is also missing the trim either side of the rear window, i reckon that will be the lower powered one, GRRR!! >:(

I'm not sure about the GTI decal on the front calipers but i quite like he wheels tbh.
« Last Edit: 16 February 2013, 18:43 by Jimble »
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Poached

• I live here
Still undecided...don't see the point in power options either :rolleyes:

I guess those that might not know about cars will think they wont miss 30 BHP and a locking diff?

Otherwise just buy a MK6 and fit an LSD?
« Last Edit: 16 February 2013, 20:05 by Poached »