Author Topic: Mk7 on test in Sweden  (Read 14278 times)

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Mk7 on test in Sweden
« on: 22 January 2013, 21:16 »
Stolen from Vortex but very interesting, i really hope the adaptive cruise sensor will be less obvious than that?! :sick:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5937387-All-Golf-7-test-driving-in-Sweden
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
Re: Mk7 on test in Sweden
« Reply #1 on: 22 January 2013, 21:26 »
That sensor looks sh!te. Hope it's an option? That thread cites the R being out early 2014, I wonder?

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #2 on: 22 January 2013, 21:28 »
Stolen from Vortex but very interesting, i really hope the adaptive cruise sensor will be less obvious than that?! :sick:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5937387-All-Golf-7-test-driving-in-Sweden

Sadly that's how it looks, went to check one out before I ordered.  Its not just for the cruise, its for the city safety auto braking collision prevention thingy shizzle too.

Looks as obvious as the gyro on the mk5 concept that could drive itself.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #3 on: 22 January 2013, 21:29 »
That sensor looks sh!te. Hope it's an option? That thread cites the R being out early 2014, I wonder?

It's standard on everything from SE spec upwards.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 22 January 2013, 21:45 »

Sadly that's how it looks, went to check one out before I ordered.  Its not just for the cruise, its for the city safety auto braking collision prevention thingy shizzle too.

Yeah, i could kind of get used to how it looks on the SE/GT but it looks like a cat flap in the grill of that GTI!
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 22 January 2013, 21:59 »

Yeah, i could kind of get used to how it looks on the SE/GT but it looks like a cat flap in the grill of that GTI!

Agreed mate, bit gutted really as on the 'concept' pics it doesn't show it.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #6 on: 22 January 2013, 22:51 »
Yeah but that's the problem with concepts, form over function.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 23 January 2013, 11:25 »
No fog lights on the GTI or GTD surely they're not going to make that a paid option?
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 23 January 2013, 12:26 »
No fog lights on the GTI or GTD surely they're not going to make that a paid option?

Bet its in the headlight cluster, Audi have started doing this too.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 23 January 2013, 12:47 »
I see it as a visual thing though rather than just practical. Shame to lose them.

HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14