Author Topic: argh dents.....  (Read 1771 times)

Offline [han]

• I live here
  • Graphic Designer for Haribo
argh dents.....
« on: 18 July 2005, 11:32 »
heres my car... these dents are identical on each side of car(see arrows) as for the dents in the circle they have been removed already.

the dents on the doors were removed to the best of the dent guys capabilities, one was gone completely until we slammed the door and they popped back in again  :angry: anyone got any suggestions as to the best way to remove them? or how they may have occured
my car was an isurance rightoff when i got it - contacted the previous owner who was pleased it was back on the road but would not discuss the damage as to why it was written off.... hope someone can help....
« Last Edit: 18 July 2005, 11:46 by han »

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
  • No golfs here. Only a C63 mercedes
Re: argh dents.....
« Reply #1 on: 18 July 2005, 11:38 »
wrong pic I think.....

The greatest leveller of them all - the Carousel

Offline [han]

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 18 July 2005, 11:46 »
sorted now.. lol...

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #3 on: 18 July 2005, 12:03 »
take the door card off, and wedge something between the door braces and the outer skin to force the dent back out.. its cheap, its nasty.. but its effective. other than that it'll need banging out and filling/painting or it'll just keep popping out again.

one of my previous cars still had a bottle of water in the door holding a dent out when i sold it after some chav kicked it in :grin:

Offline [han]

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 18 July 2005, 12:10 »
thats lucky - thats the only thing i know how to do on ym car is remove the door card as i managed to replace all my offside glass... hee hee!

will have a go tonight prob and see what happens....

anyone got any suggestiong about the rear buggers? that'll prob be a fill n paint job1

Offline GTI EDITION (aka LTD)

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 18 July 2005, 12:15 »
Talking of dents , a few years ago my mk2 Gti was parked around the back of my works when I hear my alarm go off . When I got outside I found that a race horse, which was being ridden up the back road, had got a bit lairy and kicked the n/s/r door just below the quarter light leaving a bl66dy great horse shoe shaped dent!! :shocked: :angry: . It took bl66dy ages to get the stables to accept responsible for the horse and eventually cough up :angry:

Has anyone else had anything more bizarre happen to them :huh:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=topn&cat=19378

Does my arse look TOO BIG (to fit) in this (forum).... or was it something I said ?

Offline [han]

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 18 July 2005, 12:16 »
vento i think i'd cry!

Offline GTI EDITION (aka LTD)

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 18 July 2005, 12:33 »
vento i think i'd cry!

To be honest I didn't know whether to laugh or cry as it was such a peculiar thing to happen .
Mind you that car was never very lucky when it was parked as a couple of years before that it was hit by an LDV mini bus which ended up  bend the rear trailing arm/axle goosing two wheels and opening up both n/s/ doors an wheel arch like a tin-opener with the step on the side of it  :shocked: :angry:

One good reason to have a shock sensor fitted to the alarm as in both of these incidents I may not have found out who did the damage  :huh: :wink:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=topn&cat=19378

Does my arse look TOO BIG (to fit) in this (forum).... or was it something I said ?

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 18 July 2005, 23:39 »
i had 3 dents in my baby. popped them out using tools at college and used a heat gun to keep the paint from cracking.

ohh i f**kin hate door bashers :angry:
:)