Author Topic: Test drive weekend  (Read 5775 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: Test drive weekend
« Reply #10 on: 12 January 2013, 20:54 »
Gotta be honest the R has gotta go some to sway me away from the A45 AMG, might even take a look at the S3 now too.

Have you driven an A Class yet? They don't seem to be getting a very good press.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 12 January 2013, 23:04 »
Not yet, I think Derby have a 250 sport demo registered so I might go for a run out in that tomorrow.

Offline bcarlin

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 13 January 2013, 09:19 »
The other thing that looks bad is the cruise control sensor on the front bumper. It's to big and ugly looking

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 13 January 2013, 09:22 »
The other thing that looks bad is the cruise control sensor on the front bumper. It's to big and ugly looking

+1 on this one mate! Even the dealers yesterday were saying it. And it's std on the GT so that means that the GTi etc will have something similar too? Fooking fugly!

Offline bcarlin

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 13 January 2013, 09:42 »
The more I look at the mk7 the more I really don't like it … hopefully the gti and r will be a lot better.

Online Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 13 January 2013, 10:56 »
I reckon the GT will have the adaptive cruise but not the GTI. The mk6 GT had cruise but it was an extra on the GTI.
GTIs are for driving but GTs are for cruising (and using up company car allowances)
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Mikehamid

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 13 January 2013, 16:57 »
Gotta be honest the R has gotta go some to sway me away from the A45 AMG, might even take a look at the S3 now too.

Have you driven an A Class yet? They don't seem to be getting a very good press.

+1. I took one out with What Car and hated it. S3 or GTI looks like the real choice here.

Twitter - @MikeArmstrong11