Author Topic: Golf Tdi - Project De-Chav  (Read 5204 times)

Offline *Jonnyg*

• GTI forum regular
Golf Tdi - Project De-Chav
« on: 05 January 2013, 16:12 »
Hey, Got this pretty cheap, But though't I would stick a thread up anyway. Shouldn't really be playing with any more golfs, as I already have a Golf GT TDI 150 as my project.

Anyway, Some details about the car.
Its a GT TDI 110, with 225k on  :whistle:
Engine raisers, chassis notch and FK coilovers
18inch Audi alloys in purple  :undecided:
Blacked out windows all round. Stickers on the front and rear window, which are to come off!
Horrible LED rear lights  :sick:

I bought it as a non runner. Got vag com on it came up with  00539 - fuel temperature sensor short to ground (G81) - 31-10 - Open or Short to Ground - Intermittent - Also maf sensor.

Clear'd codes, and after researching the fuel temp sensor can be effected by relay 109? So changed the Relay, got my mates jump leads on it. It starts, awesome. I can now see what's gone on. Its misfiring, so got the injectors out, and got them sorted. Put back in engine, started up no change. Engine had also started to knock since refitting these injectors. So that engine shall be removed, and I have found a other engine with less mileage on.

So do list;
Engine removed and new engine fitted.
Remove LED lights, get gti's in or the half red/clear ones
Rear bumper replaced/painted
New passenger wing
a good clean
Alloys refurbed.
New number plates

This is my silver golf, what it looked like.

« Last Edit: 05 January 2013, 16:16 by *Jonnyg* »
** Tuned diesels - kinda like a guy with a huge cock and premature ejaculation. **

Offline MereKat

• GTI forum regular
Re: Golf Tdi - Project De-Chav
« Reply #1 on: 05 January 2013, 16:54 »
Looks erm...interesting? Love the Silver one one comps though!

Lose LED rears, Paint the wheels...that'll do :D Oh and replace the mirror back!

Offline *Jonnyg*

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 05 January 2013, 16:58 »
Looks erm...interesting? Love the Silver one one comps though!

Lose LED rears, Paint the wheels...that'll do :D Oh and replace the mirror back!

Thanks mate, The silver Golf got key'd so its sat there waiting for paint :(

Yeah, thats the plan. It will do as run around for a bit :)
** Tuned diesels - kinda like a guy with a huge cock and premature ejaculation. **

Offline *Jonnyg*

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 05 January 2013, 17:16 »
Just had a thought.. I can get the engine running, it starts to misfire. Then it did a started of knock. The fuel pump is ran off the cam belt, if cam belt has slipped or not bin done right, would it cause it to misfire, and poss have a knock?

Offline *Jonnyg*

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 09 January 2013, 17:43 »
Soooo...  a few things fell off... Hopefully engine will fall out too :)

Offline SI74

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 09 January 2013, 17:50 »
Looks like your well on the way to stripping her down. Take you long to do that?

Offline *Jonnyg*

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 09 January 2013, 19:51 »
Looks like your well on the way to stripping her down. Take you long to do that?

About 2 hours to get where I am now, alot of thing's are rounded off. All I've got left to do is, drivers side drive shaft, Exhaust off, engine bolts out, lift out.

New engine is coming tomorrow lunch time. :)

Offline SI74

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 09 January 2013, 21:18 »
happy days you'll have her back on the road by the weekend.

Offline *Jonnyg*

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 09 January 2013, 23:35 »
happy days you'll have her back on the road by the weekend.

Hopefully tomorrow mate, My son is due on friday lol!

Offline *Jonnyg*

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 10 January 2013, 22:21 »
So, engine is out and new one is in. What a c*nt that was, the prev owner had pretty much rounded off everything, different size bolts for everything. So any way, got new engine sorted with everything on.. So old engine out, new engine in

Not got a photo of the new engine in, but its all in, and wired in. Its turning over but not firing yet but its bin stood for a while, will look at it tomorrow, It got dark quick about 4pm and I finished at 9pm, back is killing me. Not fun doing this all on your own, first time on my own too.  :cry: