Author Topic: GTI Review and links.  (Read 323745 times)

Offline rallypug

• Not said much yet
Re: GTI Review and links.
« Reply #550 on: 30 September 2013, 18:57 »
A half hour walk round of the car from Malaysia. Commentary is a little annoying but generally a decent video

http://youtu.be/RIOAj5IHZsg
Nice vid. Had a job staying wake though. Odd they sell electrically heated seats in the Malaysian market: 29°C showing on the clock.

I'd question going for leather and electrically adjusted driver's seat only and not DCC (Dynamic Chassis Control) or ACC (Active Cruise Control).

But what's that fuel consumption?? 24.5l/100km! That's 11.5 MPG!!

And while I'm on, what's the deal with all cars in the lot with their wipers up off the screen? Are they expecting frost?

The wipers are up off the screen normally to indicate to the garage staff the status of the car (ie flat battery, needs inspection etc)  :smiley:
5 Door, Manual,  Perf Pack, Tornado Red, Winter Pack, Adaptive Chassis, Sat Nav ....

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #551 on: 02 October 2013, 08:26 »
Short but Sweet little write-up on PH.

http://www.pistonheads.com/roadtests/doc.asp?c=47&i=28549
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline Simon C

• Not said much yet
« Reply #552 on: 02 October 2013, 23:35 »
An interesting little read, cheers gung-ho.

Interesting to read another review that quotes the GTI as being great for nine tenths of people. I certainly know that it will have enough punch for me and I will rarely if ever push it to its max. I guess the other 10 percent will be looking at other race machines and maybe that BMW 135i.
Letting my heart rule and not my head - GTI Mark 7 arrived: 3dr, 19" Santiago, sat nav, pure white.

Offline DougL

• Here all the time
« Reply #553 on: 03 October 2013, 15:18 »
Tornado Red GTI 3dr manual

Previous Golfs Mk1 GLS and GL, Mk2 GL and Driver, Mk3 GL, Mk4 GT TDI, Mk6 TDI (and a Mk2 Scirocco 20 years ago)

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
« Reply #554 on: 03 October 2013, 16:29 »
That looks awesome in silver!
Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.

Offline EliteBajan

• Not said much yet
« Reply #555 on: 03 October 2013, 18:00 »
I agree, it looks very good.

One thing I noticed is that the Aussie spec doesn't include the same tail lights we get here even though it's got the DRL & xenon lights.
Candy White Mk6 GTI 2012 - Bog standard! Weight saving you understand (stolen March 2013)

Solid Black Mk7 5dr, Leather, Performance Pack & Dynaudio.

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #556 on: 04 October 2013, 10:07 »
Also they get Adaptive Chassis Control as standard in Aus?

Offline Jimi

• Not said much yet
« Reply #557 on: 04 October 2013, 10:55 »
Hi guys. In Australia we get adaptive chassis as standard because the roads are worse than yours. We also get the discover nav standard but there's no option for discover pro (maybe it's being saved for the R).

Xenons are an option, we have halogens as standard like Ireland. Even if you spec xenons as an option you don't get rear LEDs.

You can only have a 5 dr. Reversing camera is standard too.

The performance pack is only available one guise - dsg, santiagos, xenons, rear LEDs and alcantara in addition to the standard equipment. It's effectively a separate model like the ED35. You can't spec alcantara, santiagos or rear LEDs otherwise. You can't have manual performance pack which is rather annoying for me.

Here it's probably slightly more expensive than the UK GTI, you guys get xenons, rear LEDs and adaptive cruise control standard but not ACC or RVC. In this market, the m135i is a LOT more expensive (even the 125i is).
« Last Edit: 04 October 2013, 11:45 by Jimi »
Australian spec MY14 GTI | Pure White | Manual | Bi-Xenons as an option (vs UK: minus LED tails, plus DCC, plus RVC, plus Discover Nav).

Offline LJS7

• Not said much yet
« Reply #558 on: 04 October 2013, 22:20 »
Some good scenes of a black gti:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8VD5U9S42Q

MK7 GTI | 3dr | Pure White

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
« Reply #559 on: 05 October 2013, 21:12 »
http://www.greenmotor.co.uk/2013/09/vw-golf-7-gtd-review.html?m=1