Author Topic: GTI Review and links.  (Read 315019 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: New GTI Reviews?
« Reply #470 on: 05 August 2013, 11:36 »
The stick was slotted over to the left (or was it the right?) of D, assured by the dealer before I set off that this was full manual control with override only kicking in if you were in danger of frigging the car with an attempted change. I expected the car to let me change up and down as I saw fit in this mode.

I would too!  Must have been faulty. :sad:

EDIT:
Apparently in this mode it will down shift if you activate the kick down button by flooring the accelerator so might have been to do with that?
« Last Edit: 05 August 2013, 11:43 by Bill_the_Bear »

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #471 on: 05 August 2013, 11:42 »
The stick was slotted over to the left (or was it the right?) of D, assured by the dealer before I set off that this was full manual control with override only kicking in if you were in danger of frigging the car with an attempted change. I expected the car to let me change up and down as I saw fit in this mode.

I would too!  Must have been faulty. :sad:

Maybe ECO mode overrides manual after a short while because the car decides you are not driving it economically and maybe NORMAL/SPORT leave you to it? I think I was initially in ECO mode.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #472 on: 05 August 2013, 11:44 »
Maybe ECO mode overrides manual after a short while because the car decides you are not driving it economically and maybe NORMAL/SPORT leave you to it? I think I was initially in ECO mode.

Sadly I couldn't get a test drive in a DSG, but I will be sure to check this when mine arrives!

Offline Thornster

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #473 on: 06 August 2013, 10:16 »

Sadly I couldn't get a test drive in a DSG, but I will be sure to check this when mine arrives!

I'd be really interested in a DSG review (assuming you get yours before I get mine!!!!).

This will be my first 'Auto' and I really hope I like it, but I do think it'll take a few weeks or even months to get used to. I'm not sure a one-off test dirve would be enough to fully evaluate it, so I haven't bothered...
Oct 2013: GTI, DSG, 3 Door, Carbon Grey, DynAudio, Winter Pack, Discovery Navigation and Keyless Start
Jan 2018: Arteon R-Line, Atlantic Blue
Jan 2021: tbc!

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #474 on: 06 August 2013, 10:22 »
I'd be really interested in a DSG review (assuming you get yours before I get mine!!!!).

Certainly.

Not sure what chance I have of getting mine before you though, I'm currently stuck in ground hog day where VW forever assure me (and a few others) that I will get a confirmed BW next week

No seriously, this time they are almost definitely certain that its highly likely that there will probably, maybe be a confirmed date next week... or the week after, but that is the absolute latest it will probably be (maybe)!

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #475 on: 06 August 2013, 12:58 »

Not sure what chance I have of getting mine before you though, I'm currently stuck in ground hog day where VW forever assure me (and a few others) that I will get a confirmed BW next week

No seriously, this time they are almost definitely certain that its highly likely that there will probably, maybe be a confirmed date next week... or the week after, but that is the absolute latest it will probably be (maybe)!

That cracked me up!!!... So that's a "Definite Maybe then?"...  :grin:
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
Re: MK7 golf and GTI Links thread
« Reply #476 on: 09 August 2013, 13:53 »
http://youtu.be/V8KzVlaJygQ
 :grin: got to be craigW off here,he is either getting very excited towards the end or he needs to get a bit fitter :laugh:
« Last Edit: 09 August 2013, 14:12 by simonpolly »
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #477 on: 09 August 2013, 13:55 »
 :grin: got to be craigW off here,he is either getting very excited towards the end or he needs go get a bit fitter :laugh:

It is him, he's posted this in another thread  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #478 on: 09 August 2013, 13:57 »
 :grin: got to be craigW off here,he is either getting very excited towards the end or he needs go get a bit fitter :laugh:

Haha, yeah I noticed the puffing and panting at the end from holding the phone/camera! :grin:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #479 on: 09 August 2013, 13:58 »

Haha, yeah I noticed the puffing and panting at the end from holding the phone/camera! :grin:

Was that the reason for the panting?  :lipsrsealed: :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....