Author Topic: GTI Review and links.  (Read 325668 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: New GTI Reviews?
« Reply #520 on: 04 September 2013, 10:16 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_irbzli_LCA

DSG beat by a manual :P lets not mention that the DSG is a GTD

Another w@nky & pointless comparison "review" from Auto Express. Not only is he championing the Megane RS ( :sick:) but he could only get 6.9 secs 0-62 - I could beat that in my mk 6 manual GTI  :rolleyes:

Why do they persist with having average drivers do these tests??  Also I'm struggling to find anything in this test that we didn't all ready know??
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

mjh_056

« Reply #521 on: 04 September 2013, 10:33 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_irbzli_LCA

DSG beat by a manual :P lets not mention that the DSG is a GTD

I understand why they do GTI Vs GTD for choosing one.

But results are so obvious the GTI will win on performance and the GTD on additional economy. So it really is just down to what is more important to you and neither will beat the other in these category.

As for that test a little embarrassing really as saw an exact same Portuguese test where both got off line similarly and times were pretty near to what expect with the GTD trailing in about a second behind and not the street length on that video

One comment did agree with is that GTI and GTD drivers will drive very differently and I can vouch to that now as am so used to the mid range torque that is is second nature in using that band where imagine GTI drivers will be revving on a lot more.

The result is that under most road conditions the experience will be pretty good for both owners.

True tests though are diesel vs diesel and petrol vs petrol this particular test will always have same very obvious results

Offline MajorKhan

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #522 on: 04 September 2013, 11:43 »
First post..not avirgin anymore..

ordered mk7 gtd about a motnh ago with Red pan roof dynoaudio, reverse camera. Dealer called back a week later stating big delays in reversing camera components and that the factory will delay the build possibly by an extra 3 months, VW have decided to stop offering the RV until further notice...
Has any body placed an order with RV extra, if so whats the delivery week.

Have purchased ABT headlight cover, 30mm lowering springs as think the golf has slighlty a bit too much gap in the arches, mudflaps and JL sub and amp.......
From a Pulsar GTIR, MK4 Golf 1.8t, BMW 1series, BMW 330, Merc C280, A3 TDi, A4 2.0t Quattro...on order Mk7 T/Red GTD nav/pan roof/dynoaudio and ABT headlight brow BW44!

Offline theflash

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #523 on: 04 September 2013, 12:14 »

Have purchased ABT headlight cover, 30mm lowering springs as think the golf has slighlty a bit too much gap in the arches, mudflaps and JL sub and amp.......

What sub and amp set-up you are going to be running?
On order - MK7 GTD, 5dr, DBP, Manual.
Est. Delivery was end Nov, now 3rd Jan ffs

Offline MajorKhan

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #524 on: 04 September 2013, 12:21 »
Not very tech on this but a 12inch sub series 3, a punch amp 500w, car has dyno audio so hopefully everything should be within balance...any suggestions?

Im thinking should be pritty simple enough for someone to wire to the orional headset
From a Pulsar GTIR, MK4 Golf 1.8t, BMW 1series, BMW 330, Merc C280, A3 TDi, A4 2.0t Quattro...on order Mk7 T/Red GTD nav/pan roof/dynoaudio and ABT headlight brow BW44!

Offline theflash

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #525 on: 04 September 2013, 12:27 »
Not very tech on this but a 12inch sub series 3, a punch amp 500w, car has dyno audio so hopefully everything should be within balance...any suggestions?

Im thinking should be pritty simple enough for someone to wire to the orional headset

Definitely check out the ICE section  :wink:
On order - MK7 GTD, 5dr, DBP, Manual.
Est. Delivery was end Nov, now 3rd Jan ffs

Offline MajorKhan

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #526 on: 04 September 2013, 14:02 »
Had a butchers in the audio section, can not find anything for the mk7, do you have a link of which ice section you think it would be worth while my reading?

cheers :whistle:

physio

« Reply #527 on: 06 September 2013, 13:34 »
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/golf/65835/volkswagen-golf-gti-vs-gtd-video-review

short review  video gti  V  gtd  in auto express this week

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #528 on: 06 September 2013, 18:55 »

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #529 on: 06 September 2013, 19:55 »
Not very sure about this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixj-gyYgqD4f