Author Topic: Nathan... - '89 8v  (Read 14565 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Nathan... - '89 8v
« on: 03 December 2012, 11:54 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Nathan...

• Not said much yet
Re: Nathan... - '89 8v
« Reply #1 on: 14 April 2015, 13:56 »
Wow, I got this set up and never did anything about updating it!

Long story short, as I am at work, I will upload pictures later.

Car was driven back from Cornwall after a mad rush to get everything back together, got it MOT'd (two attempts) and taxed. Got to Oxfordshire where it decided to go no further. Turned out the coil was funked. Changed that and lost my rev counter (something coil related).

Drove from Oxfordshire to Hertfordshire and drove to work for a short time, then drove to Kent and something happened... Not sure what but at the Dartford Tunnel, just before the removal of the turnstiles, it decided to overheat and crawl to the first exit where I sat with my missus watching an enormous storm.. Drove back to my mum's and it stayed there as I went back to Herts.

Fixed the thermostat and drove back to Herts and thought that it wasn't ready to be a daily driver so off I toddled to Oxfordshire to my dads and bought a mk5 GT TDI instead. That's going well and the mk2 is fully stripped to restore properly (what I had intended to do in the first place).

Bought a mk3 16v ABF which is kindly donating its heart and the heat is on to get it off my dad's garden by August  :laugh:

It's going to be a busy summer!!

Offline Nathan...

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 24 April 2015, 07:16 »
So here's how we're looking at the moment.. abf is stripped and being filled with all the rubbish from the mk2 and the mk3 itself. I've removed all the loom to splice/convert to ce2.
I've got sunburn only on my face from working on it for 12 hours a day for the last 2 days, today will be the same!

Offline Nathan...

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 24 April 2015, 10:13 »
The 02C/02A gearbox...