Author Topic: Ordered a Mark 7 Today.  (Read 24400 times)

Offline I.D.C.

• GTI forum regular
Re: Ordered a Mark 7 Today.
« Reply #80 on: 04 March 2013, 15:54 »
Will get round to putting up a few photos shortly. The car looks stunning with the panoramic sunroof and darkened windows and the BBS alloys I really did not expect the Golf to look as good as it dose , really pleased. Was not sure about the steering at first as it feels totally different from the mark 6 however after a couple of days driving it dose feel good. I tend to be very light footed for the first few thousand miles I know modern cars don’t need run in like the old days but I do prefer to take my time breaking a new car in. The dealer is not really up with all the new gadgets so I’m having to read through the manual to get to grips with the adaptive cruse control and the rest.

One thing I don’t understand is when I see pictures of the xenon lights the square outer shell of the bulb is lit up during the day. Mine don’t only the inner normal day light is on when driving during the day and it’s not xenon. Only at night do the xenon lights kick in. Anyone shed any light on this ( hope you understand what I’m trying to write.
The whole of the front side area of the car lights up when you are doing a sharp turn it looks mental. As I wrote will get some photos up soon.
Sitting in the mark 7 in a showroom did not do much for me it just seemed same same but different. Driving the car for a couple of days has changed my view. The new Golf feels much more up market than previous Golfs. You do also feel it’s got more room. It is extremely quiet. With the extras I added it also looks fantastic better than my GTI. It’s only when you have the car a few days you notice the different looks. VW have done a brilliant job with the new Golf and I can honestly say I was not blown away with the new model until I picked it up. The new GTI will be the best yet guys trust me.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #81 on: 04 March 2013, 16:16 »
Nice one, good to hear that it has won you over. Mines due this week, not as high spec'd as yours but still, I'm excited. Feels like I've been waiting forever!

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #82 on: 04 March 2013, 17:38 »
Glad your enjoying it mate! 8)

Your not the only one surprised by the lack of led drl's unfortunately..,

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=249509.0

I take it yours look like this?
« Last Edit: 04 March 2013, 17:56 by Jimble »
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #83 on: 04 March 2013, 21:10 »
Great to hear you've finally picked it up...look forward to the pics!! :cool:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline mike.

• I live here
« Reply #84 on: 05 March 2013, 08:14 »
Have a go at the dealers as my mum got the price of the xenons refunded as they were not as advertised.
They seem to be doing this up to a certain order date and you ordered yours first.
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

Offline I.D.C.

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #85 on: 05 March 2013, 10:06 »
Having read the above regarding the xenon lights it makes me feel more disappointed. So I have sent an e-mail to the dealer asking for a full refund or up-graded to what I thought I was purchasing. Fingers crossed.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #86 on: 05 March 2013, 10:38 »
Glad your enjoying it mate! 8)

Your not the only one surprised by the lack of led drl's unfortunately..,

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=249509.0

I take it yours look like this?

The problem with the ones in this picture is that close up you can see that they are just chrome surrounds

In this one you can see that they are frosted plastic with LED angel eye style DRL

Every press article I've seen shows the above.  I even saw a test video on an SE spec one with them?....  Maybe it's just for Ze Germans???