Author Topic: Ordered a Mark 7 Today.  (Read 24361 times)

Offline Mitchell

• Not said much yet
Re: Ordered a Mark 7 Today.
« Reply #10 on: 27 November 2012, 10:53 »
Been speaking to the normally useless local dealer who is saying January delivery, suprised you got March, or did you want to wait for new reg?

My understanding is the mark 7 will be in the show rooms in January.
Only thing I can think of is the extras make it a factory order rather than the normal spec from the show room ? However I ordered it on Sunday so maybe I will hear from the salesman something different. Would rather collect the car around March when the worst of the winter is over.

Might as well leave it till March I guess for the new reg. Local dealer offering to keep it till then should I order one. No chance of any discount he said though.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 27 November 2012, 11:10 »
Found this link the other day on the VW site that allows you to track the order of your car!!

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/track-my-order

Hopefully it works and not just a gimmick.

:laugh: at a guess that's to try and stop customers constantly phoning them asking for updates.... :laugh:

Will it work? who knows....
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #12 on: 27 November 2012, 12:10 »
I was going to ask why the downgrade but you already answered it for me, needs must mate! Sounds like a nice spec you've gone for. :cool:

It's an upgrade ie MK7 over an old Mk6  :grin:

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 27 November 2012, 16:30 »
I was going to ask why the downgrade but you already answered it for me, needs must mate! Sounds like a nice spec you've gone for. 8)

It's an upgrade ie MK7 over an old Mk6  ;D

We'll see!  >:D
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline I.D.C.

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 28 November 2012, 07:42 »
Found this link the other day on the VW site that allows you to track the order of your car!!

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/track-my-order

Hopefully it works and not just a gimmick.

That’s brilliant , have sent an e-mail to the dealer asking for the order number. When I get this will post what week the car will be built and post it here so you know how long the order book is.

Thanks for that link.

Offline I.D.C.

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 28 November 2012, 07:46 »
Been speaking to the normally useless local dealer who is saying January delivery, suprised you got March, or did you want to wait for new reg?

Only thing I can think of is the extras make it a factory order rather than the normal spec from the show room ? However I ordered it on Sunday so maybe I will hear from the salesman something different. Would rather collect the car around March when the worst of the winter is over.

Might as well leave it till March I guess for the new reg. Local dealer offering to keep it till then should I order one. No chance of any discount he said though.
The dealer throw in winter pack and carpet mats for me. Maybe a sweetener as I have bought 7 cars from the same dealer over the years.

Offline Mitchell

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 28 November 2012, 10:02 »

The dealer throw in winter pack and carpet mats for me. Maybe a sweetener as I have bought 7 cars from the same dealer over the years.

Hmm I've no previous business with my local and they won't even give free carpet mats.

Saw this linked to on a review site saying 10% discounts already on Mk7 orders - http://www.carbuzz.co.uk/blog/Mk7-Golf-Deals-313

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 28 November 2012, 16:04 »
What year is the old gti?
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline I.D.C.

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 28 November 2012, 18:36 »
What year is the old gti?
Mine ? April 2010. IS profesinally detailed every srpring then I give it four or five waxes during the summer.
The monzas are only used in winter with winter tyers. Forget the name of the VW alloys up-greaded. They have silver on the outside and polished black in the insides very smart with the pearl black paint. This is my second GTI and have never had so many people tell me what a smart car it is. Even this year.
Will be sad to see it go.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 29 November 2012, 15:57 »
Interesting same month I bought the gtd was just looking at p/x value I have 46k on the clock, question is does the diesel hold its value better? Sounds like a good price for the gti mind if selling privately would expect an easy 14.5k. Cheapest listed is about 16k and I would have said that's a 2009.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.