Author Topic: Ordered a Mark 7 Today.  (Read 24403 times)

Offline I.D.C.

• GTI forum regular
Ordered a Mark 7 Today.
« on: 25 November 2012, 18:32 »
1.4 SE – White – panoramic sunroof – xenon’s – fog lights –Sat Nav – voice recognition –winter pack –tints from the b-pillar. Ordered with the light interior and two tone dash.
Gave me a price of 22,060 which is not bad.
My GIT-  pearl black – sunroof –xenon’s-dyneaudio system-folding mirrors. 40,000 mls. The new golf will arrive March so was given 13,500 for the GTI . Could get more selling private but it takes all the hassle away from me

I’m going to keep the alloys I upgraded on the GTI and put the original alloys back on the GTI. The ones I will keep are 18’ so I am hoping they will fit the new golf.

Offline Murrayedition35

• I live here
  • Edition 35 3dr Manual - Deep Black.
Re: Ordered a Mark 7 Today.
« Reply #1 on: 25 November 2012, 18:38 »
Sounds good...first on here to order a MK7... :smiley:

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 25 November 2012, 19:17 »
Nice one looking forward to seeing it!

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 25 November 2012, 19:40 »
Sounds good, did you check with the dealer at time of ordering whether they knew if the alloys your keeping will defo fit the 7...?
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline I.D.C.

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 25 November 2012, 20:08 »
Sounds good, did you check with the dealer at time of ordering whether they knew if the alloys your keeping will defo fit the 7...?
The salesman is not sure if the alloys will fit the new car my fingers are crossed. If not will sell them. Don’t like the wheels you can get on the options list so if the worst comes to the worst will get a set of BBS.

Would have liked the GT model but to add the sunroof and lights would have pushed my budget too far. Have had a Golf match with the 1.4 120 bhp. While it’s no hot hatch it feels zippy enough.
Salesman was over in Spain driving the new golf. Said on the skin it looks sharper and modern. While inside if feels bigger and more up market. Said refinement has taken a big step forward. More or less what we read in the car magazines.
Will miss the GTI power but with the daughter away to Uni this year I had to cut back so it’s the SE. Still happy though as I am a big fan of the Golf.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 25 November 2012, 21:00 »
I was going to ask why the downgrade but you already answered it for me, needs must mate! Sounds like a nice spec you've gone for. :cool:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 26 November 2012, 05:56 »
In fairness it looks like the specs have been uplifted compared to previous models so exciting times for us VeeDub geeks.

Offline Mitchell

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 26 November 2012, 12:35 »
Been speaking to the normally useless local dealer who is saying January delivery, suprised you got March, or did you want to wait for new reg?

Offline I.D.C.

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 26 November 2012, 15:57 »
Been speaking to the normally useless local dealer who is saying January delivery, suprised you got March, or did you want to wait for new reg?

My understanding is the mark 7 will be in the show rooms in January.
Only thing I can think of is the extras make it a factory order rather than the normal spec from the show room ? However I ordered it on Sunday so maybe I will hear from the salesman something different. Would rather collect the car around March when the worst of the winter is over.

The largest wheels on the SE model available from VW are 17’s. Anyone know if putting on 18’s from the GTI would be a problem to the handling of the car as the SE is a comfort car not sport. I know I have to tell the insurance.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 26 November 2012, 22:49 »
Found this link the other day on the VW site that allows you to track the order of your car!!

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/track-my-order

Hopefully it works and not just a gimmick.

HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14