Author Topic: A Wolf in Sheep's clothing?  (Read 62555 times)

Offline Gene Hunt.

• I live here
Re: A Wolf in Sheep's clothing?
« Reply #20 on: 12 July 2012, 20:31 »
Like you say ''new set'' of wheel bolt covers would finish the alloys off. Dealers or ebay is you'r best bet but not shure about you'r locking nut,is that a set of Mcguard ones?.
Candy White ED35.

Offline MS1COYS

• I live here
  • Alfie 'H' 10-09-11
« Reply #21 on: 12 July 2012, 20:54 »
Like you say ''new set'' of wheel bolt covers would finish the alloys off. Dealers or ebay is you'r best bet but not shure about you'r locking nut,is that a set of Mcguard ones?.

Hiya Gene. I've had a look on amazon and ebay. What colour do you personally think will suit the car best? The locking nuts are something my garage picked up for me, I am unsure of the make. I'll check and let you know....
Evolution Map / Longlife USA 80mm TBE w/100 cell Sports Cat / ITG Maxogen G60 / Forge Twintercooler/ Forge TB Hose / R8 Coilpacks / EBC D&G Front & Rear Discs / EBC Yellowstuff Pads / BSH PCV Kit / Poly Pro Front & Rear / W.A.L.K / APR Torque Arm / 034Motorsport Density Line Engine Mounts / Vibratechnics Subframe Mount / Vibratechnics Dogbone Bush

292bhp / 287lbft

Offline Gene Hunt.

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 13 July 2012, 06:25 »

Hiya Gene. I've had a look on amazon and ebay. What colour do you personally think will suit the car best? The locking nuts are something my garage picked up for me, I am unsure of the make. I'll check and let you know....
..............i would stick with the Orginal VW ones,there not expensive.Ref the locking nuts,you could always replace those with VW orginals? :wink:
Candy White ED35.

Offline Saint Steve

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 13 July 2012, 06:56 »
nowt wrong with Stock brakes on my stage 2 Ed30 with 300 ponnies :tongue:

it's down to the driver and his talent to judge braking distances  :drool:

:laugh:

Offline MS1COYS

• I live here
  • Alfie 'H' 10-09-11
« Reply #24 on: 13 July 2012, 08:52 »
nowt wrong with Stock brakes on my stage 2 Ed30 with 300 ponnies :tongue:

it's down to the driver and his talent to judge braking distances  :drool:

:laugh:

Haha. I love your style dude. If by driver talent and judging braking distances, you mean, you have to brake much earlier for corners, then I would have to agree, the stock brakes are probably fine.... for you  :grin:

Id rather be tooled up with stainless race hoses, upsized, vented, dimpled and grooved discs, racing pads and Dot 5.1 fluid any day of the week dude.  :nerd:
Evolution Map / Longlife USA 80mm TBE w/100 cell Sports Cat / ITG Maxogen G60 / Forge Twintercooler/ Forge TB Hose / R8 Coilpacks / EBC D&G Front & Rear Discs / EBC Yellowstuff Pads / BSH PCV Kit / Poly Pro Front & Rear / W.A.L.K / APR Torque Arm / 034Motorsport Density Line Engine Mounts / Vibratechnics Subframe Mount / Vibratechnics Dogbone Bush

292bhp / 287lbft

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #25 on: 13 July 2012, 10:39 »
Welcome along to the forum, looks and sounds epic :cool:

Offline MS1COYS

• I live here
  • Alfie 'H' 10-09-11
« Reply #26 on: 13 July 2012, 11:14 »
Welcome along to the forum, looks and sounds epic :cool:

Cheers Big Al. Tis epic.....and rather fun too!

Can anyone explain in simple, but detailed English, what exactly water/meth injection will add to my package?  :evil:

292bhp / 287lbft

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #27 on: 13 July 2012, 11:44 »
Im no proffesor but just found this on Wiki and it makes sense to me:

"In internal combustion engines, water injection, also known as anti-detonant injection, is spraying water into the cylinder or incoming fuel-air mixture to cool the combustion chambers of the engine, allowing for greater compression ratios and largely eliminating the problem of engine knocking (detonation). This effectively increases the octane rating of the fuel, meaning that performance gains can be obtained when used in conjunction with a supercharger, turbocharger, altered spark ignition timing, and other modifications. Increasing the octane rating allows for a higher compression ratio which increases the power output and efficiency of the engine. Depending on the engine, improvements in power and fuel efficiency can also be obtained solely by injecting water.[1] Water injection may also be used to reduce NOx or carbon monoxide emissions."

Capiche?

Offline MS1COYS

• I live here
  • Alfie 'H' 10-09-11
« Reply #28 on: 13 July 2012, 11:51 »
Capisci

Thanks mate  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 13 July 2012, 11:53 by MS1COYS »

292bhp / 287lbft

Offline MS1COYS

• I live here
  • Alfie 'H' 10-09-11
« Reply #29 on: 13 July 2012, 17:19 »
Finally booked the car on a rolling road at Tipton Garage, Tipton, Devon. August 3rd. So I'll post print outs as soon as is physically possible after that date.  :evil:

292bhp / 287lbft