Author Topic: time delay interior light - wow exciting!  (Read 1421 times)

Offline acko

• Not said much yet
time delay interior light - wow exciting!
« on: 27 April 2005, 17:12 »
Yeah its not realy is it but I need some advice  :grin: I have a mk2 driver and was ona make that essential upgrade to a time delay interior late next time i'm at the scrappy as its one of those things that can very easily fall into your pocket....
Anyway, how do I know wether an interior light is the time delay or not? is there some extra capacitor or sumet on the internals or is there just certain cars that I should get one from. Did all gti's come with time delay lights and just not in my wanabe driver?

Seen em on ebay but it would work out about  4- 5 notes with the amounts people charge for postage and its sumet i can get for a few pence or less!

Advice as always greatly appreciated dudes

Offline Chris_D

• Here all the time
  • www.hijackbristol.co.uk

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
Re: time delay interior light - wow exciting!
« Reply #2 on: 28 April 2005, 08:47 »
i was thinking fo sticking one on the rear pannel above the parcel shelf :rolleyes:
:)

Offline acko

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 28 April 2005, 09:21 »
Yeah i've had this idea too. Like in the 5 series beemers when you open the door or unlock it with the remote it turns the interior lights on which looks cool. They have lights under the dash tray for the passenger and drivers footwell and also on the interior C panel as you suggested blue  :wink:. Wouldn't take too much work but could be pretty usefull. So I know I can get em from ebay but I want to know what i'm looking for so are they any different looking to the normal one and what mk2s came with them as standard?

Danke

Offline JMallows

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 19 May 2005, 14:17 »
Heres what i did with mine, its like daylight now and i cant look at the light at night its so bright! :smiley: :cool: :grin:

Excuse the pics, its not an easy thing to photograph :wink:

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.

Offline Ricky_M

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 22 May 2005, 14:39 »
I got a time delay light in my Ryder. I thought it was broken at first because it wouldnt turn off when i shut the door! :embarassed: