Author Topic: From Jap to Vag *27/11/13 car being returned to standard lots of parts for sale  (Read 61594 times)

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
Re: From Jap to Vag 26.02.12*Whoosh Bang Pop*
« Reply #20 on: 27 February 2012, 22:16 »
you go to any meets round these parts?
I normally go to ther FYC meets at thetford, thrived got there first meet of the year in norwich in a few weeks, dunno if you've heard about it!? :wink:

2003 1.8T: R-tech Live Cutom Stage 2 remap: N249 Bypass : Forge T.I.P : Forge 007p  : Forge Actuator, yellow spring : Toyosports F.M.I.C : Toyosports C.A.I :                                                                   PCV simplified - oil catch can : 42' Draft 3" turbo back non res exhaust system : Devils own W.M.I : 231bhp & 258lbs-ft

Offline andynorfolk

• Here all the time
  • if at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer
« Reply #21 on: 27 February 2012, 22:51 »
as if! i go to all the fyc meets aha the meet on the 17th should be epic

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 07 March 2012, 12:28 »
06/03/12 Update

Well Following on from last time A Fair bit has happened again.

After a little bit of trimming the bumper slid straight on

Due to having Air con lines and pumps dotted about this is the best fit I got using the pre-bent Ali pipe work, Could do with sitting about an inch to the right but I’l address this later in time. But for the money and the feed back of the Toyosport FMIC kit I was expecting a MUCH worse battle/ finish on my hands, but VERY pleased with the outcome.

Some random Night Shots

Followed by a trip to the Dealers… Oldest car there yet the cleanest. Got Some really nice feedback off some customers and staff members about my motor which is always nice to hear.

Picked up a Service kit and the new hose her ready for the Stage 2 Remap

Not bad prices either, will definitely be using the Dealer from now on!

Trying to follow my Stealth OEM look I had a genius plan which I think has worked wonders…. Il the pictures do the talking

Much Better

After Finding this little Gem of a ‘How to’ http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/265756.aspx  I bit the bullet and jumped in at the deep end. This is the most nerve racking thing I’ve done so far and I cant thank the guy enough for creating such an easy step by step guide. Everything went exceptionally smooth, So smooth in fact I didn’t even have to reach for the airline and Gun!
All in all its taken the best part of 3 days. But here in Norfolk we really have been fighting with really sh!tty weather to the point where I actually put my dads fishing gear on!

What can go wrong with a 26 page ‘how to’ print out

‘The Bible’

Up she goes

Out she gushes

Down pipe removed

Removal of top bay

Removal of bottom

Almost there

Top mount K03s anyone!?

Forge Actuator with yellow spring vs old tired OEM

3 Turn Preload set up

Having a little Clean out

All attached and fully set up

Really like this picture

Few more little bits from the dealers, Banjo bolt washers for oil/coolant lines and bonnet trigger

Off comes the sumps for a check/clean

Both spanking clean

And ready to be attached again

Also got a small bit of footage. I think I may have kinked one off the hoses to the recirc valve hence the turbo flutter!?  Il take a peak at the weekend.

Bloody ESP kicking in haha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbTKh4qr4Rk&context=C3ce5599ADOEgsToPDskJnwBafg1JWF1VlDgwWvTsm

Yes that the sound of a dedicated Missus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4itA02hVdiI&context=C3e922a5ADOEgsToPDskJFTNVHH-2N5r8ggRb3mt2E

All comments welcome

Cheers for reading

2003 1.8T: R-tech Live Cutom Stage 2 remap: N249 Bypass : Forge T.I.P : Forge 007p  : Forge Actuator, yellow spring : Toyosports F.M.I.C : Toyosports C.A.I :                                                                   PCV simplified - oil catch can : 42' Draft 3" turbo back non res exhaust system : Devils own W.M.I : 231bhp & 258lbs-ft

Offline BISSONE

• GTI forum regular
Re: From Jap to Vag *UPDATE 07.03.12*
« Reply #23 on: 07 March 2012, 13:01 »
Hats off to you for doing that, my mate 2 years ago had a blocked pick up pipe and killed his turbo and i helped him change his turbo...freezing cold over the christmas period horrible cramped job so fair play to you for doing it lol.  :cool:

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 07 March 2012, 13:08 »
Strong work so far mate! Welcome to the VAG camp :)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #25 on: 07 March 2012, 13:21 »
Sterling work so far... I would get a tad annoyed with cooler pipes poking out after a while, the black does help though.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #26 on: 07 March 2012, 13:40 »
Excellent work so far, looking really good :afro:

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 07 March 2012, 19:02 »
Cheers guys hearing praise like that really makes it all worth while  :cool:

I like to do things right the first time, so try and make the best out of it  :laugh:

I have a plan with the 2 cooler pipes but Il address them later in time!

will look into getting my car booked in with R-tech around the 20th of this month as Its pay day and Ive got some holiday to take  :grin:

Im hoping to make some healthy figures with my spec;

*AUQ180
*85k miles
*Forge Tip
*Forge actuator (yellow spring)
*Toyosport FMIC
*Toyosport CAI kit
*3" SS Turbo back non res exhaust
*Uprated Recirc valve.

Im away with work in Leciester on fri/sat but hope to do a small update on sunday  :wink:

thanks for looking

Offline andynorfolk

• Here all the time
  • if at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer
« Reply #28 on: 07 March 2012, 20:27 »
looks sick mate, just need a stainless turbo manifold and you should get some sweet gains with a map :P

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 07 March 2012, 22:21 »
Cheers andy :cool: have had a look for a manifold but have.had no joy :cry:

Soon I can start on cosmetics  :cool:

Roll on FYC I say should be pretty mad  :laugh: