Author Topic: Daz's Blue 1.8 Turbo - New Shell Bought  (Read 19973 times)

Offline CheshireSport

• GTI forum regular
Daz's Blue 1.8 Turbo - New Shell Bought
« on: 25 June 2011, 00:01 »
Went for a bit of a trip tonight after Nicky got home from work to have a look at this.

Bit of a bargain and seems a good solid car, just in need of some tidying up really.

Heres it back home (sorry for the crappy night/rainy pics)

Will get some better/daylight pictures tomorrow
« Last Edit: 14 October 2012, 22:06 by CheshireSport »
WANTED: O/S R32 HEADLIGHT REAR COVERS

nige_s

Re: Daz's Indigo Blue 1.8 Turbo
« Reply #1 on: 25 June 2011, 00:59 »
Glad you made back OK Daz.

Offline daz veedub

• Forum addict
  • Operation 1.8t bolf
Re: Daz's Blue 1.8 Turbo
« Reply #2 on: 26 June 2011, 17:24 »
looks nice mate any plans  :cool: :smiley:

Offline CheshireSport

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 27 June 2011, 15:10 »
Cheers mate.

Yeh many plans  :wink:just dont know how quickly they will happen.

First plans are to decide what to do about the colour of the thing as this will affect what bits i keep and what bits i sell on.

The car was advertised as Indigo Blue, which is the same as my other mk4 which would have made things really easy to swap bits over if and when i wanted to.

This car isnt indigo blue though  :sad: its actually pearl blue. It did look like indigo when i looked at it but as soon as it was on the drive next to my other one the next day the colour difference is obvious  :rolleyes:

Not to worry, it still seems a good car for the money. My options now are wether to do what bodywork i need to do then get it blown over in indigo blue to match the other meaning i can then swap bits over like bumpers and bootlids.

OR

I paint it the colour ive wanted to paint for quite a while but would mean i will then have to store in my garage safely spare front & rear bumpers and bootlid for when i fancy a change.

The other car i have is currently used as a daily driver by my wife but i take it to shows. I feel the 2 different uses dont mix too well hence getting this one as a pure showcar.

Watch this space to see what i decide to do colour wise.

Firstly though its going to be get Audi A6 handles welded into the doors, Audi TT filler cap welded on, Roof aerial removed along with the silly phone aerial thats been drilled into the roof at the front. Then decide on paint so got time yet.

Offline CheshireSport

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 18 July 2011, 19:05 »
Not updates this for a bit.

Couple of weeks ago when the weather was nice i rolled both cars onto the road to get a few pics side by side.

Washed them both the day before so they were looking clean at least.

Then i got stuck in removing the roof liner and trims

Removed the aerial that had been fitted to the front of the roof

And found this in the roof lining at the rear. Wondering if the car has had a nav head unit at some point?

So chuffed i managed to get these sun visor clips off without breaking them on this car

And all the bits ready to be trimmed/painted

Last weekend the weather wasnt too bad so decided to do a little bit on the car.

One thing i always planned on doing was getting rid of the side repeaters, so i made up some metal pieces to fit in the hole left on the wing and proceeded to weld them up, my welding isnt the best

Also did the hole left from removing the phone aerial

Then the next day got some filler on there before it got too late and my tea was calling

Still not finished yet but its slowly getting there, needs a bit more flatting and filler to shape.

Also had some bargains come up recently, the main one being this

Been after one of these since i started modding the Diesel, however this isnt going to get fitted in there. Got some genuine R32 inside trims on the way too.

Also got these for a bargain off ebay

So when i can be bothered one night i will flat them down and give them a few light coats.

Also this arrived through my door last week

Got the other side on its way too, just dont know what the guy is playing at that is supposed to be sending it.

Just need to swap them over to mk4 golf bases.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #5 on: 18 July 2011, 20:40 »
The aerial will be for a phone kit.

Good progress

What are you planning for side indicators for the mot.

Offline Dave_IOW

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 18 July 2011, 20:54 »
Mate love the original one and like what your doing with the new one, question is, if you wanted to have one for show and one for daily, why didnt you just give your missus the new one?  :grin:

Going to be better without the extra doors though  :afro:
Project: Mk2 20vT trackslag
Daily: Mk2 GTI typ19

Offline CheshireSport

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 18 July 2011, 22:50 »
The aerial will be for a phone kit.

Good progress

What are you planning for side indicators for the mot.

Well........

Wife works at a dealers and the MOT tester is a top bloke  :wink:

Also the phone aerial was at the front of the roof yet that lead i found was near the back near the bee sting aerial

Offline CheshireSport

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 18 July 2011, 22:55 »
Mate love the original one and like what your doing with the new one, question is, if you wanted to have one for show and one for daily, why didnt you just give your missus the new one?  :grin:

Going to be better without the extra doors though  :afro:

Cheers mate.

I love the original one, and even though ive given it to Nicky im sort of reluctant to take anything off it as i like how it looks. Therefore im buying new R32 pedals for this one, depending how i can save i will get air for this and leave the coilies on the other. Just like the idea of having 2 modded cars on the drive  :rolleyes:

Oh and she wanted this car. She drove it home and first thing she said was she wanted it. Its a little bit more powerfull than the diesel, but the diesel is obviously more economical for her to run daily

Offline Dave_IOW

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 18 July 2011, 23:13 »
I see, well maybe diesel for daily then, gives you a chance to start again and get the colour you want too then i suppose :afro:

I have an indigo blue job, so anything you dont need *cough* boot & bumper *cough*  :laugh:

There a air kit for mk4 in classifieds at the min.

« Last Edit: 18 July 2011, 23:15 by Dave_IOW »
Project: Mk2 20vT trackslag
Daily: Mk2 GTI typ19