Author Topic: ITS BUILT THIS WEEK  (Read 3049 times)

Offline WHITEY20

• GTI forum regular
  • Love my new Golf
ITS BUILT THIS WEEK
« on: 31 January 2011, 20:44 »
 :smiley: Great News, my Golf is being built this week and delivered over the next few days ready for collection on March 1st.

I too have ordered the RCD510 and looking at the moment for the RNS510.The bluetooth kit also sounds attractive but whats involved? What and how much is the part and how easy is it to fit? Any help please  :shocked:

DSG, 18", P/A+cam, Winter/P, Lux/P, Dynaudio, FTI, Bi-Xenons

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: ITS BUILT THIS WEEK
« Reply #1 on: 31 January 2011, 21:16 »
Darren (mortygt140) supplied and fitted my bluetooth on saturday mate, £300 fitted, quite a bit involved tbh but worth it, the kit consists of the bluetooth module which goes behind the heater controls and a wiring loom plus mic the cable for which is run from the stereo behind the Dash up the A pillar then across to the courtesy light housing where the mic sits, mine doesn't rattle which was my main worry! Darrens in leeds so not to far away from you. :wink:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 01 February 2011, 11:31 »
:smiley: Great News, my Golf is being built this week and delivered over the next few days ready for collection on March 1st.

I too have ordered the RCD510 and looking at the moment for the RNS510.The bluetooth kit also sounds attractive but whats involved? What and how much is the part and how easy is it to fit? Any help please  :shocked:

It depends what BT module you get? The Fiscon is basically plug and play apart from the coding.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline RedHP

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 01 February 2011, 18:31 »

Not related to your question, but please ask the dealer to top-up your fluid levels before you collect from them pal !
Mk6 GiT since birth in 2010

YNWA

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #4 on: 01 February 2011, 21:38 »
Thats suppose to be done automatic as its part of the PDI process and check sheet they have to fill in and do.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline RedHP

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 01 February 2011, 21:47 »
Thats suppose to be done automatic as its part of the PDI process and check sheet they have to fill in and do.

Snoops, they didn't do so on my GiT. I have topped up what I can (engine water & oil) but the rest is less than low !
Good old VW

YNWA

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #6 on: 01 February 2011, 21:59 »
Thats not VW fault thats your dealers fault for not doing the PDI correctly.

Its standard practice in the car industry to ship with low levels because it saves on weight but also if the worst does happen ie roll on roll over ferrie. Theres less to leak out.
« Last Edit: 01 February 2011, 22:01 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline RedHP

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 03 February 2011, 18:59 »
Thats not VW fault thats your dealers fault for not doing the PDI correctly.

Its standard practice in the car industry to ship with low levels because it saves on weight but also if the worst does happen ie roll on roll over ferrie. Theres less to leak out.

And to think, I actually recommended my dealer on this forum. They didn't even complete the basics, my bad !

A few years ago, there was a big woo-haa about the poor service that Merc dealers were providing. Apparently, according to TopGear they have reduced their £3bn-a-year profits to £1bn-a-year, spending more money on the quality of their vehicles and better customer service from their dealerships. Can't we start a petition for something similar with VW....?!

YNWA

Offline WHITEY20

• GTI forum regular
  • Love my new Golf
« Reply #8 on: 07 February 2011, 19:05 »
 :grin: :laugh: Its delivered to dealers!!!! Wrapped up and ready for collection.
Also qualified for the 2.5% discount. WooooHoooo. Roll on March

DSG, 18", P/A+cam, Winter/P, Lux/P, Dynaudio, FTI, Bi-Xenons

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 07 February 2011, 21:41 »
Congrats mate! Have you been for a nose round it yet? Just to make sure everythings there! :smiley:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂