Author Topic: madmanluke's supercharged mk2 VR  (Read 146725 times)

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
madmanluke's supercharged mk2 VR
« on: 31 March 2010, 17:06 »
Thought Id put a post up here. - I get lots of PM's regarding my car so i thought the advice is best spread about publicly rather than privatley!
My build thread so far is here http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=132647.0

If you have any questions about it feel free to ask away in here. Il start updating this thread more and leave the build thread alone for more major updates.

How it used to stand just over 5 months or so ago:

And how it now sits:

There is a lot covered in my other thread about how to get the standard clocks working with the vr, shallow sumping, hocky pucking, flocking, banging, breaking, abusing and a whole load of other 'ing's but if you have any specific questions about any of it shoot away

« Last Edit: 04 October 2011, 18:10 by madmanluke »

Offline Matty-MK3

• I live here
  • Automatic boats FTW.
Re: madmanluke's mk2 VR
« Reply #1 on: 31 March 2010, 23:40 »
8)

This sound lovely driving around Bromley.
Golf MK3 1.8 auto and I didn't pay a grand for the "priveledge" :grin:, auto windows all round and a AC. Oh and I've got a luggage net you pricks!

Does that make my willy look bigger?

Oh yeah it's called Helda or something....

Offline Dan34

• I live here
  • VTEC Powerzzzz
« Reply #2 on: 31 March 2010, 23:42 »
Awesome work you done there dude, always looked at your thread everytime you updated it  :smiley:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 31 March 2010, 23:47 »
Awesome :afro:

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 01 April 2010, 11:38 »
Awesome work you done there dude, always looked at your thread everytime you updated it  :smiley:

+1 it's the only time i venture into the Mk2 Dub Rides section  :laugh:

Offline DazVR6

• I live here
  • mk3 VR6...FEEL THE GRUNT.
« Reply #5 on: 01 April 2010, 13:56 »

+1 it's the only time i venture into the Mk2 Dub Rides section  :laugh:

+2, looks really  :cool:

jamrock

« Reply #6 on: 01 April 2010, 19:24 »
brilliant  :cool:

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #7 on: 02 April 2010, 14:25 »
looks nice but your sump must be scraping the floor! mine had scene scrapage and the sump plug was missing half its head when my mk2 vr6 was that low... now raised it up on the coilies  :smiley:

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline TK

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 04 April 2010, 23:09 »
very nice , prefered the cups myself though  :laugh:

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 25 April 2010, 20:43 »
Cheers for the comments guys. I hadnt checked back as i thought I had clicked the notify new replies button. obviously not!

A few little updates. Im trying to save the large stuff for my other build thread.

Passed a milestone about a week ago. Have done another 500 since....

I also got a set of magnacor leads. Ive been having a tiny issue where sometimes on start up once its warm, the car wont give out any power at all and then kick back into life again. I done these as my first step to cure the problem. It doesnt seem to have done much so I am assuming its going to be the legendary blue temp sender that needs replacing.

I then got a little fruity with some wrinkle paint :D Going to re-do them. It was majorly rushed it its my daily. I have since found out it needs at least 48 hours to dry and wrinkle properly, so maybe some time in the summer il give it another go and do it properly .It just looks a little messy at the moment.

Wheels are on their way also :) Not Th Lines unfortunately. I need the funds for other stuff.