Author Topic: its on its way  (Read 2366 times)

Offline cheshire GTI

• Not said much yet
its on its way
« on: 30 June 2009, 18:28 »
 :laugh:
My Mrs logged on to a car finder website, and you put in your options and it comes back with a quote, keep meaning to ask her and i will. But it came out at the price and i was really dubious about it and we checked it out and its a proper dealer in cheltenham, Inchcape is the name. Basically we equired really early, they had an allocation and want to move it, and we placed the order. Warrington, Crewe and Stoke VW all saw the quote and said can't match it snap their hand off

We got told on friday it is avialable for signing the finance on sat and a first look at it. then it gets the auto glym on it and the PDI and we pick it up next week
Deep black, 5 door, 18" shadow monza's, leather interior, bluetooth prep, winter pack, parking sensors, manual. She was trading her A3 2.0 TDI in which they gave us a price for and we sold that on Auto trader on sunday after putting in on line on Sat (yes 1 day) and we sold it for 1500 more than we were gettin as trade in value.

have test driven a MKVI silver 5 door with dsg in warrington and it was nice. week before we very nearly bought a mk v GTI Pirelli special edition 230bhp with dsg awsome car but really chav inside, MKvi is as good as that to drive, handle's slightly better. they had a mkv R32 and the sales guy (who was a youngish guy) said to us the best car out of the two was the pirelli and the best out of all of them was the Mk VI and i have to say after driving all of them i agree.

i drive a bmw 530 touring, fast once moving but not as nimble as the golf so i cant wait to get the car on the 3rd July

roll on

Offline warnesey333

• I live here
Re: its on its way
« Reply #1 on: 30 June 2009, 18:34 »
congratulations :)

I hope it's what you're expecting :D Me being me - would have gone for the R32 but thats me - the look of the MKVI has still to grow on me!

Jack

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 30 June 2009, 19:04 »
^^ If im honest I would have gone for the R32 also :evil:

Offline cheshire GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 30 June 2009, 19:10 »
the Pirelli was on an 08 and the R32 was on a 57,  i think. so that ifluenced the choice. Has any one else drive the the Pirelli - thoughts - it was quick, but not to noticable over the MK VI but the MKVI handled much better - IMO

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 30 June 2009, 19:49 »
the Pirelli was on an 08 and the R32 was on a 57,  i think. so that ifluenced the choice. Has any one else drive the the Pirelli - thoughts - it was quick, but not to noticable over the MK VI but the MKVI handled much better - IMO

Will let you know when I have taken one for a test drive. :smiley:

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #5 on: 30 June 2009, 20:32 »
Bloody hell, you wait 3.5 days for yours and I have to wait 3.5 months for mine (literally)  :angry:

Offline cheshire GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 30 June 2009, 20:47 »
we ordered it in end  of April. Sorry got my dates wrong. we go down and sort the finance on the 3rd and pick it up on the friday after the 10th still ...no too long now.
will post some pics when it arrives.

what are the thoughts on the Pirelli - Any one?

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #7 on: 30 June 2009, 20:52 »
What site did you find it on?