Author Topic: Bluetooth phone help  (Read 5799 times)

Offline Chins

• Not said much yet
Bluetooth phone help
« on: 09 June 2009, 09:04 »

From what I can gather Volkswagen are still in the dark ages.

Presently in my TTS I have GSM and an Iphone. Through the steering wheel and DIS i can make call's, look at contact list etc.

This basic function doesnt appear possible unless I buy a limited number of Nokia or Siemens phones. I really dont want a stupid Parrot screen in the car.

Anyone know if its possible to sort/ am i wrong?

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
  • Audi A3 SB S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007
Re: Bluetooth phone help
« Reply #1 on: 09 June 2009, 09:52 »
I thought you could use any bluetooth enabled phone to be honest.... The only part that would be phone specific would be the cradle.
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 09 June 2009, 10:09 »
I thought you could use any bluetooth enabled phone to be honest.... The only part that would be phone specific would be the cradle.

I hope so, i have ordered it for my new MKVI GTI. I don't need it to charge on the pod but i will not be a happy bunny if i have spent GBP380 for bluetooth to work through the steering wheel and audio system if it does not work for a Ssamsung (have a Tocco). I was only told you need Bluetooth.

Can anyone confirm this????

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #3 on: 09 June 2009, 10:13 »
I dont think anyone on here has a MK6 yet.

Give the dealer a call and get them to confirm?

Offline gc76

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 09 June 2009, 18:17 »
I think it might be the same issue that scirocco drivers are having.  Like one poster said only a select few nokias an siemens will work
Tornado Red 5 door GTI, DSG, Monza Shadows, Lux Pack, RCD510, Park Assist & FT indicator

"Sounds just like a Golf"

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #5 on: 09 June 2009, 22:38 »

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 09 June 2009, 23:24 »
Cheers for that Kev, i just need the basic functions of answer/hang up from the steering wheel and for the audio to come through the speakers. Otherwise it would be totally pointless. If anytnhing else works then its a bonus! From my test drive i vaguely remember it wont let you access the menu system on the onboard computer while you are moving anyway.

Guess i will soon see .. well it better be soon as im getting bored of waiting!  :angry:

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #7 on: 09 June 2009, 23:31 »
Cheers for that Kev, i just need the basic functions of answer/hang up from the steering wheel and for the audio to come through the speakers. Otherwise it would be totally pointless. If anytnhing else works then its a bonus! From my test drive i vaguely remember it wont let you access the menu system on the onboard computer while you are moving anyway.

Guess i will soon see .. well it better be soon as im getting bored of waiting!  :angry:

How long do you think you have before your car arrives now Neil ?

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 09 June 2009, 23:40 »
hmm, your guess is as good as mine. The latest it will be is late July but earliest will be begining of the month. It is not on the production line yet so i am starting to think it is looking less likely that it will be the start of July. But who knows, fingers crossed!

Offline Chins

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 10 June 2009, 08:34 »

What production week is your car?