Author Topic: How many mk5 owners are going to upgrade to the mk6  (Read 18311 times)

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
Re: How many mk5 owners are going to upgrade to the mk6
« Reply #70 on: 21 June 2009, 22:25 »
It's also a different shape Kev  :tongue:

Each to their own though. Personally I like both grilles as they're on different cars.
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #71 on: 22 June 2009, 00:14 »
It's also a different shape Kev  :tongue:

Each to their own though. Personally I like both grilles as they're on different cars.

I cant believe someone would mention the red lines on the grill as being something they cant see past.  :grin:

Maybe its just me.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline jreed110

• Not said much yet
« Reply #72 on: 22 June 2009, 16:04 »
I kinda see where he's coming from with the red grills, I think the Mk5 gave it enough to stand out but was still subtle enough to be a golf gti.... a combination of the wheels and the new front end make it look like it's trying to steal some potential astra VXR or focus RS buyers. I still like it but it's certainly less subtle.

Offline ricardopatrese

• Not said much yet
« Reply #73 on: 22 June 2009, 19:06 »
To me it just looks like the red lines are an after-thought and aren't as subtle. They blend into the design better on the MKV. I guess I just like my MK5 too much now to be swapping it for the MK6... plus the money issue.

However if someone wants to give me a MK6 thats a different issue :)