Author Topic: My GTI Test Drive & Pics  (Read 14158 times)

Offline Chins

• Not said much yet
Re: My GTI Test Drive & Pics
« Reply #30 on: 05 June 2009, 16:53 »
so its not a TT, its a TTS.

Thats like saying I test drove a GT and its not its a GTI.

True, but I always say a drive a TT and dont add the S at the end for the extra inch :grin:

Whilst I might be boring on the point and sure the std TT isnt everyones image, the std 2.0TT (which I did own before) has a much better engine/exhaust note and you can feel the speed - you are sitting lower which helps. I can see me in the GTI picking up lots of points due to no feel for speed. Autocars figures show the GTI to be quick though.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #31 on: 05 June 2009, 20:44 »
so its not a TT, its a TTS.

Thats like saying I test drove a GT and its not its a GTI.

True, but I always say a drive a TT and dont add the S at the end for the extra inch :grin:

Whilst I might be boring on the point and sure the std TT isnt everyones image, the std 2.0TT (which I did own before) has a much better engine/exhaust note and you can feel the speed - you are sitting lower which helps. I can see me in the GTI picking up lots of points due to no feel for speed. Autocars figures show the GTI to be quick though.

I say the same, when I'm in work or whatever the people I talk to about cars always ask what I'm getting, I just say the new golf.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #32 on: 18 June 2009, 21:30 »
I would of liked to feel the speed more.

Get a MK2 :afro:
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.