Author Topic: jamie16v - 1.8T  (Read 25302 times)

jamie16v

Re: jamie16v - 1.8T
« Reply #10 on: 23 November 2011, 19:20 »
o.k, so i have done quite a bit since the last update, i`m not one for taking loads of pics so i will start with a list of what has gone onto the tat mobile.
ENGINE:
custom R-Tech remap, made 223bhp/244lbft with old fuel pump and old fuel filter starving the top end power
toyosports front mount intercooler
k03s
2.5" turbo back exhaust
powerflex dogbone mount
silicone vac pipes
forge 007p
custom cold air intake
255lph fuel pump
regular service items, plugs, oil, oil filter, fuel filter.
SUSPENSION:
fk ak coilovers
all new OEM+ bushes all round (vrs + tt stuff)
new top mounts and bearings
new droplinks and standard bushes
whiteline adjustable rear anti roll bar
INTERIOR: (what interior)
everything stripped out apart from front door cards (will be coming out too once i devise a plan for the handles)
1995 sparco sprint bucket seat with custom runners made from the old seats (very old and tatty)
EXTERIOR : nothing
bosch retrofit aero wiper blades
twin 4mo style tail pipes......

jamie16v

« Reply #11 on: 23 November 2011, 19:47 »
this is how the car currently stands, ..... on axle stands  :grin:

underneath the car, i decided to brush on some red hammerite to some of the parts that were showing some surface rust.
i brushed them down with a wire brush, used a bit of degreaser and painted on one coat... this was last night after the first coat..

here is a pic of my DIY style cold air intake pipe... no frills style  :grin:

a pic of my shabby cobra sprints in my stripped interior, could do with a vacuum i suppose.

as you can probably see, i am not taking the cosmeticly pleasing aproach. my idea is to use this car for track days when i feel its ready, far from ready yet. i will be using the car for the road too..
next plan is a basic car pc  :smiley:

jamie16v

« Reply #12 on: 23 November 2011, 19:54 »
i am currently in the middle of gathering all the parts needed to gain some more power, i already have some calibra injectors and vr6 mass air flow housing, i now need a bigger turbo not sure exactly which route to go, wether it be k03-k04-023 hybrid or k04-001/023 hybrid.. let see how nick at r-tech does with his k03/023 hybrid first.

jamie16v

« Reply #13 on: 08 December 2011, 21:05 »
o.k, not wasting anytime waiting for others results  :rolleyes: lol  :grin: so i have bit the bullet and bought a k04-023 compressor wheel which the postman so kindly delivered this morning and have a rebuild kit. also have a dead k04-023 which i can steal the cold housing from.
guess what i will be doing the weekend.. :smiley: looks like a turbo rebuild/hybrid to me.. :evil:
i have also bought a used OMP steering wheel, i am waiting on a boss which i bought from ebay but the seller seems to be deaf.. bought over a week ago and no response to my messages.. :angry:
so, only one more thing i need to get this on the road, thats a tyre... just one tyre and its time for an mot..

jamie16v

« Reply #14 on: 12 December 2011, 00:29 »
so, i have made a start at hybriding the k03s to k03/k04-023. i have taken the turbo off the car and started to dismantle, some of the hotside bolts are a little stubborn and it seems a 10mm spanner is a tad loose on them, not sure if there is an imperial spanner that will fit nice?..  i have got the coldside housing off and chopped off the outlet elbow so it can be welded to the k04 housing this will make it an almost OEM fit (apart from the TIP inlet). in the pic also shows the homebrew forge actuator trial fitted...  :cool:

jamie16v

« Reply #15 on: 12 December 2011, 22:27 »
just finished rebuilding and hybriding my k03s chra to k03/k04-023, going to find prices now for chra balancing, i really cant wait to get this bolted up now and see what it can do  :evil:

i am quite supprised actually at the condition of the k03s i took off, considering i bought it as spares or repairs, had a quick look at it myself and deemed it as fair enough to use, i had my fun out of it and when i took it off it still didnt seem too bad. :smiley:
« Last Edit: 12 December 2011, 23:31 by jamie16v »

jamie16v

« Reply #16 on: 03 March 2012, 19:59 »
alrighty, just a quick update. my chra assembly is being balanced as we speak. i have my omp steering wheel fitted but the original boss i had didnt fit as the ebay seller decribed it as fitting the mk4 platform but was infact from a mk3.. he has gone silent. (is actually a member on here and was selling loads of mk3 parts) beware! i will get my snail housing welded up next week and then i will be putting things all back together. i am tempted to use a local tuner who appears to have a good reputation so will see.

jamie16v

« Reply #17 on: 13 March 2012, 18:19 »
my k03/k04 hybrid is now built  :smiley: ive had it balanced and welded and i reassembled it earlier.. will be putting back on the car the weekend hopefuly.

Offline jamie1989

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 14 March 2012, 09:09 »
Woww I need to come up and have a look at this.
Maybe you could sort me out with similar if I supply everything you need and money  :grin:
I want more power from mine, its just not fast enough no more  :embarassed:
1.6-1.8t AGU K03s, Forge actuator, Forge 007p, turbo back exhuast, Ths front mount, Catch can, 5 piece silicone boost pipes and creation sports tip. Stage 2 atm 232bhp 270lbs. Waiting for custom mapping :-)

jamie16v

« Reply #19 on: 14 March 2012, 20:59 »
« Last Edit: 14 March 2012, 21:33 by jamie16v »