Author Topic: antogoof`s 1991 mk2 8v  (Read 42326 times)

Offline antogoof

• I live here
  • bbm mk2 g60
Re: antogoof`s 1991 mk2 8v
« Reply #100 on: 13 February 2012, 10:11 »
so we had a great day! until it started sleeting about 12 ish. apex trackdays were great and im going on another one soon.

car ran really well, the week before i changed the oil and coolant and the highest temp i saw was 104 on the mfa. the only thing i would say is the suspension is too soft for a track.

anyway me and my brother are hooked! hes got a white mk2 8v which we are gonna strip, stick some coilovers on it and away we go. :smiley: :smiley:
mk2 bright blue met bits wanted in north west.

Offline antogoof

• I live here
  • bbm mk2 g60
« Reply #101 on: 04 September 2014, 18:44 »
so i think its time for an update............its only been 2 years!

no longer self employed so im skint but i still own a mk2, just.

sold the blue one to my brother when i saw this for sale.

bbm mk2 g60. but not just any bbm note the number plate!

Offline antogoof

• I live here
  • bbm mk2 g60
« Reply #102 on: 04 September 2014, 18:54 »
its my old car! so even tho it had been chavved up i had to have it back, and i cost me a lot more than i sold it for! :whistle:

this was in september 2012, so my brother had the dark blue one which he blew the gearbox up on and now its an abf!

the g 60 was an animal when i first had it but there were things i did not like

this had to go, i much prefer the 4 round lights and i sold this to a guy in mexico for a massive amount of money for what it is.

these had to go, i dont like leather to begin with but these did not work for me in a mk2. got some cheapies for £10.50.

and these wheels! good sizes for the car but the style and condition was horrible! replaced for sebrings.

Offline antogoof

• I live here
  • bbm mk2 g60
« Reply #103 on: 04 September 2014, 19:00 »
i also got rid of the g60 arches on the front cause i hated them, pinched 2 off a car i was breaking at the time.

i ran it for a while with the g60 and the noise id great, but i started to read about them grenading! and got a little worried.

then i got word off a friend hed bought a vr6...............

Offline antogoof

• I live here
  • bbm mk2 g60
« Reply #104 on: 04 September 2014, 19:13 »
so after discussions with my vr6 weilding friend we did a deal and:

however there was still a list of things i wanted to change or improve on the car so its been off the road for 18 months now, plus lack of money does not help.

mk4 gttdi seats fitted and i love them, so much better than mk2s!

porsche vdos, stereo in centre console, and my old steering wheel thats followed me through 3 cars!

it also needed some welding on both sills so we got busy

and thats more or less where we are up to its been undersealed and waxoyled now and all the trims put back on, it still needs the rear seat fitting and i bought 2 after market fans for the rad and they need wiring in but i have a week on from the 15th so its getting finished then.

ive also changed the exhaust for a stock one, cause the stainless was fooked!

Offline antogoof

• I live here
  • bbm mk2 g60
« Reply #105 on: 04 May 2017, 15:21 »
well after smoking about in it for 3 years, its been great but it needs some serious work now, floors are getting crusty and surface rust everywhere so i pulled it off the road in feb when the mot ran out and ive stripped it out ready for paint and bodywork.

the car had a few issues here and there, the engine had the dreaded chain rattle and a missfire, but ive never been overly impressed with the vr6 or the g60 before it. so........ i bought the orignal engine which id had in the pearl grey car at the start of the thread.

ive had 5 mk2s and the best had this engine in them. so its highly tuned 8v for the win.

my mate had bought a load of bits and the engine with a job lot of parts, and they sat in his garage for 3 years, offered him a small fee and im a happy man. so its strip out the vr6 bits and sell it as a conversion kit.

im not in a rush to do this as i want it done properly and i want the same set up as i had suspension wise so its ammasing parts time.

ill get some pics up soon...... :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Offline antogoof

• I live here
  • bbm mk2 g60
« Reply #106 on: 12 March 2024, 08:08 »
Wow 13 years!! This is my only thread on the life of my car now, which I do still own. Its been off the road since 2017 and as usual things have gone kind of slow with it.

In the meantime I've changed careers, got married bought and paid for a house and had about 10 daily drivers!

I also learned to weld. The house had a decent size garage and I've filled it with tools to get this car done

However motivation is definitely a factor, as I say it's been parked for 7 years now and I have done a lot but more could have been done - it could have been finished!!

I'll get a proper update on soon and hopefully this might motivate me to make more progress as the weather gets better.