Author Topic: jake - NOS power!  (Read 48103 times)

Offline jake

• I live here
Re: jwelsh12 - NOS power!
« Reply #20 on: 22 September 2009, 20:45 »
ok guys

alot of people have been asking me to post some pix of the brakes actually on, so i took some pretty sh!t photos after work just to show you all, i didnt want to put any pix up yet as my centre caps are still getting sprayed and my black wheel nut protectors have not arrived yet!

But anyway here they are! For some reason they look a little orange? Dont know why there bright bloody yellow  :grin: :grin:

Offline jake

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 10 October 2009, 20:18 »
Here are a few pix from the north west meet in Rochdale

New centre caps and bolt covers now on, looks better now

Offline jake

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 03 November 2009, 17:14 »
Those who follow this build thread may see i have not done much this last few weeks! Dont worry  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

big mods happening this week and next, so big update next week!!!

Offline jake

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 03 November 2009, 22:54 »
hi guys

Not been posting that much recently as i have been rushed off my feet a work! But i have been planning some great mods for the car ! those who follow my build thread will notice i have not done that much recently, apart from the brakes! Oh and the purge kit, i still need to put videos up of that!

in regards to the purge kit i am really pleased with it! It comes out of both wheel arches around 4-5ft in the air! It is more than funny at traffic lights! Wathcing peoples faces in complete shock!  :laugh: :laugh:

Anyway, a new mod, arrived today, in the biggest box i have ever seen in my life!! As you may know im going for a fast road/ track look with the car! So when i saw these at edition 38 i thought sh!t me! I have to have to these in my life!
A team called Xmotorsport had them on sale!

So i have bought them! ................ Corbeau Revolution Kevlar backed, FIA approved bucket seats! And i have to say, they are UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! I can lift them up with a finger, they hug your whole body! and they look in my opinion! THE DOGS BOLOCZ!!!!

Anyway here a few pix, not fitted as i got in late and was heavily raining! job for tomorrow! pix are off my phone so poor , but will update tomorrow. The seats overall came to £1243 so they were alot! But i really want to make a car that is so different to anything out there! comments welcomed with open arms!

Once again sorry for poor pix!

Offline jake

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 08 November 2009, 21:24 »

The fitting of the seats!!!

Yesterday as the sun came up i awoke knowing i had to fit these seats, and i was praying that they would fit! So i called up the lads who seem to always get dragged into my world of modifying! We cracked the kettle on and we began to work out how we were going to go about doing it!

(dpar with a brew!)

Brewed up, we now had the seats in the garage and we were now ready to crack on!

The car was completely stripped down, the front seats were taken out.

( i never knew how much i bit my nails, I must have found thousands under the seat frame :laugh: :laugh:. once the car was stripped down, we began to place the seats in the car, yet we came to a massive problem! The seats would not sit how we thought they would! We thought they would perhaps bolt onto the existing brackets, but no, the seats litertally sat on the floor, and when testing sitting in them! I could barely see over the steering wheel! And im 6ft 3, so hardly short

So.............. Major decision time? How the hell would we manage to get the seats at the right height, we went back to the drawing board!!

We decided we were going to make our own frame, something which would bolt onto the existing runners that old seats went into. So that was the plan, this would make the seat sit at the right and also mean the frames were secure!

So let the mayhem commence!

We eventually got the frame made! and it was actually a very very well done job! So once the frame was in position, we could now bolt the chair to the frame, and the front of the chair to the floor. This was done for both seats!

Well , that was once we had managed to get the drill out of the floor! it got stuck for quite a while!  :laugh:

Offline jake

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 08 November 2009, 21:25 »
part 2

We got the seats in and bolted properly and securely using lock tight and locking nuts! So the seats are not going anywhere!

This whole job took over 20 hours of work! And i cannot believe for over £1300 corbeau expect you to do this! I know there official rally seats! but come on :shocked: :shocked:

So here are some pix of the brand new seats in!

On some of the photos you can see the flock dash which i have not yet properly taken photos yet! And on some photos you can also see the Centre piece i have been working on, made of solid carbon fibre, its for all the kill swithches and armour switches for the nitrous!

comments would be great! To be completely honest the photos do no justice! I have to say , i am getting to the point where the car is really starting to come together now! These seats look FOOOOOOKIN brilliant! And i think they really really add to the track look im trying to achieve!

Offline jake

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 18 November 2009, 18:51 »
Ok guys

After work today i took a few quick photos of the steering wheel now in! Absolutely love the wheel, it really compliments the flock dash! I know its not a conventional R32 wheel or audi wheel, but as you all know im taking the care a different route  :grin: :grin:

Comments welcome!

Offline jake

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 02 December 2009, 11:41 »
Ok guys

Bit of an update, just bought a full carbon fiber bonnet! Not skinned, SOLID CARBON  :drool:

So that should arrive in the next 10 days or so! Pix will come soon!

Jake

Offline davegolfturbo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #28 on: 04 December 2009, 00:22 »
looking good jake

Offline jake

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 07 December 2009, 10:23 »
ok guys, bit of an update!

As you all know, track slag look is what were after! So i have purchased a set of custom built Poly carbonate windows with pro slider kits on them! So they should look mint!

Anyway, pick them up on sat, this is what they will look like!