Author Topic: GTi - Price Increase  (Read 7799 times)

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
GTi - Price Increase
« on: 01 May 2009, 13:28 »
Was £22,400, Now £22,415

Why raise it £15 ? Why would VW do that.

You have to wonder what that £15 diff is going to do for them apart from piss off their customers like its done with me.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline ub7rm

• I live here
Re: GTi - Price Increase
« Reply #1 on: 01 May 2009, 13:51 »
Currency variations?  :undecided:
2020 BMW 128ti
2017 Golf GTD Estate

TeddyKGB

« Reply #2 on: 01 May 2009, 13:54 »
Perhaps they've added the bottle opener as standard :rolleyes:

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 01 May 2009, 14:13 »
 :grin:

Yeah, we know its currency variations, but they are already shafting us up the a-hole, why add the extra. Silly really. When I goto the dealer, if he doesnt take an extra £15 off I wont buy it   :grin:

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline gstar-dubworld

• GTI forum regular
  • Here comes the piano man - his a peaceful man..
« Reply #4 on: 01 May 2009, 14:21 »
They have to some how counter balance the Veyron shortfall in terms of it's retail price to it's development cost, so a percentage has to be added to the buyer of the Golf, Polo etc... 

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 01 May 2009, 14:40 »
Thats fine then, I'll just buy the Veyron instead.  :laugh:

Offline gstar-dubworld

• GTI forum regular
  • Here comes the piano man - his a peaceful man..
« Reply #6 on: 01 May 2009, 14:52 »
Thats fine then, I'll just buy the Veyron instead.  :laugh:

Now we're talking the positive language :laugh:

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 01 May 2009, 15:18 »
I think it is the Road tax that went up today 01May by £15 for the CO2 rating of the car.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 01 May 2009, 17:03 »
I think it is the Road tax that went up today 01May by £15 for the CO2 rating of the car.

I hope it doesnt move again then, I'm defo gonna haggle the price hike off and will make a point in remembering to do it   :grin:

Offline M2 J

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 01 May 2009, 18:35 »
I reckon its something about road tax too, remember reading the artical somewhere